Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 amp or 2?

djunkie
    Trying to figure out how I want to do my system in the boat and I have a question. Is it better to go get one multichannel amp to run my highs or could I get away with using 2 smaller amps? I have 2- 2 channel amps that work great and I was thinking of using them. Would they drain the batteries faster or does it just depend on the load they are using? My ass is getting cheaper by the minute and I'm thinking of doing this instead of buying another amp.

h2oski2fast
    Use what you have. Makes no difference, except for more wiring.

djunkie
    Use what you have. Makes no difference, except for more wiring.
    I was mostly worried about battery usage but I figured that it probably would be the same as if I went with one big one.

h2oski2fast
    It will be about the same as long as they are the same power as the multi-channel (generally, meaning some brands are more power hungry then others).

Havasu Hangin'
    It will be about the same as long as they are the same power as the multi-channel (generally, meaning some brands are more power hungry then others).
    Depends on the efficiency...but on a smaller system, a few percentage points won't matter that much.
    Class D for the sub(s)...hands down.

djunkie
    Depends on the efficiency...but on a smaller system, a few percentage points won't matter that much.
    Class D for the sub(s)...hands down.
    Well then that is what I am looking for now. Since I have the amps for the highs I need a sub and amp. What do you recomend HH? I was thinking of running just one 12.

Havasu Hangin'
    Well then that is what I am looking for now. Since I have the amps for the highs I need a sub and amp. What do you recomend HH? I was thinking of running just one 12.
    What sub?
    The chant starts out of the crowd...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...

djunkie
    What sub?
    The chant starts out of the crowd...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...go big...
    LOL!!!! Well I don't really know. Probably a JL W-3 or something similar. Thats what I had in there before and it was way under powered and still sounded good. I'm sure with the right power to something similar would be fine for me.

Havasu Hangin'
    LOL!!!! Well I don't really know. Probably a JL W-3 or something similar. Thats what I had in there before and it was way under powered and still sounded good. I'm sure with the right power to something similar would be fine for me.
    If that's a dual 4 ohm VC sub, and you are on a budget, I'd probably go with this (http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLCS3001).
    However, if you decide to take your skirt off, and step up to the "big boys" sub/amp...I'd go W6v2 powered by one of these (http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLBPX5001).
    I don't think you are ready for the "men's section" yet.

djunkie
    If that's a dual 4 ohm VC sub, and you are on a budget, I'd probably go with this (http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLCS3001).
    However, if you decide to take your skirt off, and step up to the "big boys" sub/amp...I'd go W6v2 powered by one of these (http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLBPX5001).
    I don't think you are ready for the "men's section" yet.

Well maybe when I can afford to step up to the cat and tunnels baller status I'll be able to afford one of those. Who the hell uses JBL shit? I didn't even know they had car audio stuff. Well, except it was in my grandmas old Town Car.... LOL!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast