Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1 amp or 2?

slovolvo
    Alot of companies make nice stuff, but my $.02 is get the JL 12W6s. I have a pair, and they are hands down the best subs I've ever owned.

ROZ
    Focal in general is getting really hard to find, I had to replace a tweeter last year and the only place I could find it was on Ebay. I made my own 3rd order crossovers with polycaps and some trick notch filters and resistors. I also reverse the phase on the tweeters because of the placement so close to the mids. Correct effacing is a must, but don't ask me I'm not certified in anything and I don't know crap about using 4 gauge wire. I wasted my time and ran 1/0 gauge to all my amps. Now if I could only figure out how run my sub amp in stereo................
    Richard Clark just called. He said you were just granted an honorary MECP graduate.
    BTW. You can wire every other coil in paraseries and add connect 2 relays with 1 diode between 85 and 87 in order to achieve 4th order of a chalupa in stereo

BadKachina
    Cool, that certificate and 5 dollars will buy me lunch at Mc Donalds.

rivercrazy
    Yea, he's a greeedy bastard who doesn't want to use up his purchase per year on any of us po folk
    Unfortuately wifey doesnt' work there anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry: I had to divorce her! J/K LOL! I miss those employee sales.......
    As for JBL, I've had that brand amp in my boats for over 5 years. No problems with them whatsoever. And my boat is consistently run in rough water and the stereo has been used extensively.
    If you really want to get serious, look into the BPX1100.0 or better yet BPX2200.1 for subs. Or if you more on a budget go with the GTO 1200.1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345