Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 amp or 2?

Havasu Hangin'
    Well maybe when I can afford to step up to the cat and tunnels baller status I'll be able to afford one of those. Who the hell uses JBL shit? I didn't even know they had car audio stuff. Well, except it was in my grandmas old Town Car.... LOL!!!!!!!!
    My friend...JBL is "Professional Grade". Who do you think does those movie theatre systems that make your ears bleed?
    JBL bought Crown awhile ago...and they are making some cool shit. Check this bad boy out:
    http://www.jbl.com/car/products/..%2...rge%2fA6000GTI .jpg
    6000-Watt Balanced-Current Subwoofer Amplifier With Current Servos.
    • Built-in variable electronic crossover with selectable slope rate.
    • Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) - This provides variable filtering with adjustable "Q" below 100Hz, far beyond conventional "Bass Q" circuits, by allowing the low-frequency output to be optimized for specific subwoofer applications. Frequencies below an enclosure's tunign frequency can be attenuated, preventing damage to the subwoofer and allowing the amplifier's power to be better utilized.
    • Variable phase control
    • Full-range preamp outputs - In the event that multiple amplifiers are used in an application, this feature allows for streamlined system hookup. No high-loss Y-adapters or splitteres needed.
    • High Effective Damping Factor -The A6000GTi has a high Effective Damping Factor. The result is better subwoofer control and lower distortion.
    2600 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms and ≤ 1%THD+N
    8110 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N
    7400 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm, 14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N
    Shops don't use it because they are afraid of it!
    Now get with the program...this is not that "kiddie table" Kicker or RF stuff!

djunkie
    My friend...JBL is "Professional Grade". Who do you think does those movie theatre systems that make your ears bleed?
    JBL bought Crown awhile ago...and they are making some cool shit. Check this bad boy out:
    http://www.jbl.com/car/products/..%2...rge%2fA6000GTI .jpg
    6000-Watt Balanced-Current Subwoofer Amplifier With Current Servos.
    • Built-in variable electronic crossover with selectable slope rate.
    • Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) - This provides variable filtering with adjustable "Q" below 100Hz, far beyond conventional "Bass Q" circuits, by allowing the low-frequency output to be optimized for specific subwoofer applications. Frequencies below an enclosure's tunign frequency can be attenuated, preventing damage to the subwoofer and allowing the amplifier's power to be better utilized.
    • Variable phase control
    • Full-range preamp outputs - In the event that multiple amplifiers are used in an application, this feature allows for streamlined system hookup. No high-loss Y-adapters or splitteres needed.
    • High Effective Damping Factor -The A6000GTi has a high Effective Damping Factor. The result is better subwoofer control and lower distortion.
    2600 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms and ≤ 1%THD+N
    8110 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N
    7400 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm, 14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N
    Shops don't use it because they are afraid of it!
    Now get with the program...this is not that "kiddie table" Kicker or RF stuff!
    Damm HH. What are you a JBL rep now? I know their stuff is good. But for my cheap ass its a little over kill and out of my price range. Maybe someday though when I feel like building a floating stereo/movie theatre.

Havasu Hangin'
    Damm HH. What are you a JBL rep now? I know their stuff is good. But for my cheap ass its a little over kill and out of my price range. Maybe someday though when I feel like building a floating stereo/movie theatre.
    Alright...put yer damn skirt back on and go shop at Pep Boys/Al & Eds.
    In all seriousness, the mags tested those JBL amps, and they bench tested as advertised. I think JBL is getting out of the CS series, so for $150, you probably aren't going to find a cheaper 300 watt amp...which will match up with a W3v2 very well.

djunkie
    Alright...put yer damn skirt back on and go shop at Pep Boys/Al & Eds.
    In all seriousness, the mags tested those JBL amps, and they bench tested as advertised. I think JBL is getting out of the CS series, so for $150, you probably aren't going to find a cheaper 300 watt amp...which will match up with a W3v2 very well.
    Ok what if I want to step it slightly more and go with a better speaker than the w3? Since I'm only gonna run 1. Unless you think 2 would be better? LOL!!!!! I'm trying to step out of the skirt and into little boys shorts...... :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
    Ok what if I want to step it slightly more and go with a better speaker than the w3? Since I'm only gonna run 1. Unless you think 2 would be better? LOL!!!!! I'm trying to step out of the skirt and into little boys shorts...... :crossx: :crossx:
    How many watts/components are you planning?
    Baby steps, my friend...baby steps.

djunkie
    How many watts/components are you planning?
    Baby steps, my friend...baby steps.
    I will have around 500 watts going to 4- 6 1/2's and 2- 6x9's total. As for bass, I don't have anything yet except a 12w3, which now after looking at it may not be any good since it is full of water. :cry: :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
    I will have around 500 watts going to 4- 6 1/2's and 2- 6x9's total. As for bass, I don't have anything yet except a 12w3, which now after looking at it may not be any good since it is full of water. :cry: :cry:
    Water tends to hurt SPL. :notam:
    2-1 is a pretty good ratio, so I'd go with two JL W6v2 subs in a sealed enclosure...and give them 500 watts each (a 1,000 watt class d sub amp).
    You'll only have around 1,500 watts (which won't be too hard on the batteries), but it will definately be LOUD.
    But that's me...I took off my skirt a long time ago.

djunkie
    Water tends to hurt SPL. :notam:
    2-1 is a pretty good ratio, so I'd go with two JL W6v2 subs in a sealed enclosure...and give them 500 watts each (a 1,000 watt class d sub amp).
    You'll only have around 1,500 watts (which won't be too hard on the batteries), but it will definately be LOUD.
    But that's me...I took off my skirt a long time ago.

Ok 2- 12W6's. Since I still wear a skirt and I need your help, is that a good way to go with the JL's or is there something close to equal in price that might be better? And I take it you would recomend one of those JBL amps?

Havasu Hangin'
    Ok 2- 12W6's. Since I still wear a skirt and I need your help, is that a good way to go with the JL's or is there something close to equal in price that might be better? And I take it you would recomend one of those JBL amps?
    I like the W6v2s for a couple reasons:
    1. They sound good.
    2. Roz can get a deal on them.
    3. They can handle 500 watts
    4. Roz can get a deal on them
    There are others, but the list gets short that meets that criteria. I've used Infinity Perfects and they also sounded great (and made yer hair move when the wick was turned up).
    I've also had great success with the JBL amps- they hit REALLY hard, and you usually will find it tough to match them $/watt. However, the JL amps are not a bad option either (and I heard Roz can get a deal on them :wink: )
    The rumor is that another guy on this site has a connection at Harmon Kardon (JBL, Infinity)...but that's just a rumor.

djunkie
    I like the W6v2s for a couple reasons:
    1. They sound good.
    2. Roz can get a deal on them.
    3. They can handle 500 watts
    4. Roz can get a deal on them
    There are others, but the list gets short that meets that criteria. I've used Infinity Perfects and they also sounded great (and made yer hair move when the wick was turned up).
    I've also had great success with the JBL amps- they hit REALLY hard, and you usually will find it tough to match them $/watt. However, the JL amps are not a bad option either (and I heard Roz can get a deal on them :wink: )
    The rumor is that another guy on this site has a connection at Harmon Kardon (JBL, Infinity)...but that's just a rumor.

Cool. Am I bugging you yet??? LOL!!!!
    Well I guess I'll wait to see what Roz can do then. Sorry for being a pain in the ass. I just want to try to move up to manliness like all you ballers. :rollside: :rollside:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast