Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 amp or 2?

Havasu Hangin'
    Cool. Am I bugging you yet??? LOL!!!!
    Well I guess I'll wait to see what Roz can do then. Sorry for being a pain in the ass. I just want to try to move up to manliness like all you ballers. :rollside: :rollside:
    You are not a PITA (as far as you know).
    Wait til you get my consulting bill, though. :notam:

djunkie
    You are not a PITA (as far as you know).
    Wait til you get my consulting bill, though. :notam:
    Thats ok. Send it. I'll just file it under "S" for shredder. :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
    Thats ok. Send it. I'll just file it under "S" for shredder. :rollside:
    Or "B" for...
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/ban.gif

djunkie
    Or "B" for...
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/ban.gif
    LOL!! Your not right. :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
    LOL!! Your not right. :crossx: :crossx:
    Why does everyone say that? :messedup:

ROZ
    The rumor is that another guy on this site has a connection at Harmon Kardon (JBL, Infinity)...but that's just a rumor.

Yea, he's a greeedy bastard who doesn't want to use up his purchase per year on any of us po folk

Havasu Hangin'
    Yea, he's a greeedy bastard who doesn't want to use up his purchase per year on any of us po folk
    I'm gonna start dialing that number like it's a damn radio station.
    I figure that he'll be so sick of hearing from me, that I'll get a couple GTI amps just to shut me up.

BadKachina
    If you are going to buy subs I would recommend the Apline's. The type R's handle alot of power, sound good and are relatively inexpensive. The type x's are really good speakers and aren't JL w6 priced. The twelves can be put in a box .65 to 1.25 cubic feet sealed. That's a pretty small enclosure.
    I like the JL amps but I also like the Rockford Power series amps. I've had real good luck with them. I run a Rockford bd 1500 and four Alpine twelves in sealed enclosures. I also run a power 4 channel 800 watt Rockford amp brigded to 2 Focal Utopia mids, and another 800 watt Rockford amp bridged to 4 8 ohm Focal kevlar mids. It's louder than most can handle in the boat and next to it. The Focal Utopia's are about 1k a pair but they worth every penny. What I'm getting at is my high end is very loud and clear and the four Alpine 12's seem to keep up with them. Most stereos are the other way around, too much bass and not enough anything else. 2 Alpine 12's and 1000 watt amp will a lot of bass, so will 2 JL audio 12's and a 1000 watts for that matter. You could even go with one 12 in a ported box (correctly porting a box with give you a 3db increase and 3 db is double the sound). I personally like the sound of sealed enclosures, and the speakers handle more power sealed but you could save a couple of bucks and go with 1 ported speaker and a smaller amp.
    As far as you batteries, you can never have enough if you're cranking it up. I have four yellow optimas and it's good for about an hour before I have to back off, at a low volume though, they will go all day.

OutCole'd
    This question should only be answered by someone who is M.E.C.P. Certified with two gold stars or above.

BadKachina
    This question should only be answered by someone who is M.E.C.P. Certified with two gold stars or above.
    right, and only use 4 gauge wire with the subs in stereo.............

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast