Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Uses GPS Phones For...

dirty old man
    Checking on your kids, and clocking your field employees on and off a job site? Any other advantages? Experience?

burtandnancy2
    what?...

lalhc
    I sell GPS services so if you're interested, just shoot me a PM.

frdvschvy
    Checking on your kids, and clocking your field employees on and off a job site? Any other advantages? Experience?
    I have quite a few business customers using our (VZW) solution called Field Force Manager to track employees, dispatch, and time reporting. A lot of really cool stuff available at a reasonable price and nice reporting capabilities also. Most have found the return on investment to be incredibly fast. If you want to talk a little more about it feel free to give me a call at 951-233-6359.
    Mike

Miss Perfect
    I used the GPS tracking through Nextel. It's a program called Xora. I ploted each employee's house on a map and then I checked the map whenever I wanted. If any of them looked close to home then I would double check them, just to see where they were.
    When we first got the phones, I did not tell any of them they were being tracked. We fired a few of them the first couple of weeks. Now we are not even on Nextel anymore, but they all think that they are still being tracked. HAHA! I had a new employee come up to me and say, "wow, I was told by the other guys that you track everyone through their phone". My reply...yep! :devil:

socalmoney
    I used the GPS tracking through Nextel. It's a program called Xora. I ploted each employee's house on a map and then I checked the map whenever I wanted. If any of them looked close to home then I would double check them, just to see where they were.
    When we first got the phones, I did not tell any of them they were being tracked. We fired a few of them the first couple of weeks. Now we are not even on Nextel anymore, but they all think that they are still being tracked. HAHA! I had a new employee come up to me and say, "wow, I was told by the other guys that you track everyone through their phone". My reply...yep! :devil:
    I hope you fired them because their productivity was low, not because you didn't like where their phone was. I think if you have an employee who is making you money, who cares if they are at home, beach, river or where ever.

socalmoney
    ttt. ***boat servers hang again

Miss Perfect
    I hope you fired them because their productivity was low, not because you didn't like where their phone was. I think if you have an employee who is making you money, who cares if they are at home, beach, river or where ever.
    Productivity was low for certain people and we were wondering why. With all of our guys out in the field, spread throughout san diego, it is hard to check up on every single one of them. Turns out that they only worked 3-4 hours and were turning in 10. They were warned that the actual hours worked did not match the time cards. The ones that did it again were fired. We were not worried about an hour here or an hour there. When people are spending half of their day at home....that's a problem.

YeLLowBoaT
    Productivity was low for certain people and we were wondering why. With all of our guys out in the field, spread throughout san diego, it is hard to check up on every single one of them. Turns out that they only worked 3-4 hours and were turning in 10. They were warned that the actual hours worked did not match the time cards. The ones that did it again were fired. We were not worried about an hour here or an hour there. When people are spending half of their day at home....that's a problem.
    that when you leave the phone with your partner and just altnerate days...

Miss Perfect
    that when you leave the phone with your partner and just altnerate days...
    Yep, the only advantage we had was that we did not tell the employees at first what was going on. We handed them a new phone and they were all happy... thinking they got a cool new toy. We figured out really fast who we could trust and who we could not. Those that we could not trust, but we did not want to let go of, we just check up on them in person more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast