Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

mj680
    [QUOTE=BEAR_454PE]mj680 -
    Just to keep everything straight ...
    1) The Only Thing Tom Papp Racing about Dan Nelson's Boat was the original hull ... The Bottom (Keel), Intake modifications, Loader ... All Hardware as well as all of the pump work was thought out and done by Dan Nelson Himself ... As was his motor.
    2) Tom Papp never had Anything to do with Jim Sampica's Boat ... Jim's hull did not come from the original Cheyenne molds Tom had and sold to Capps (It is One, the First, of Two Special LayUps requested by a 'guy' here in Phoenix ... Splashes, if you will, that had a few Very Different Things About Their Bottoms).
    What Jim was able to Accomplish with his boat was Purely A Result of the effort of what He Did with Dan Nelson ... Jim's Motor, 'Grandpa' was built by Dan (With Jim's Input). All the Pump, bottom hardware, etc. Logic was done by Dan with Jim doing alot of the machine work (Jim is a Master Machinist, Old Style & CNC).
    None of what I've posted above is to take anything away from Tom and His Shop as, from what I've seen and heard, his shop puts out reasonable work ..... I would just like to see Credit Given Where Credit Is Due and Credit is not given where it is not appropriate ... Dan Nelson & Jim Sampica can make jet boats Quick ... as can Tom Papp.
    As 'Another Sampica' reminded me today ... Winter is Here and it's now the Time that 'Stuff' comes out on these Threads.
    Jak[/QUOTE
    Both boats were designed and the molds built by TOM PAPP.
    Don,t know if some else in Phoenix splashed a Papp/Cheyenne.
    Jim called it a Cheyenne So if somebody copied Tommys boat
    they got a good start which would not of happened if they picked another hull except maybe a Eliminator designed Ron Edie and Bob Leach.
    Also several Cheyenne boats were built by Cheyenne boats in Fresno,Ca
    after Tommy left.Tommy was not there to do the bottoms after they came
    out the mold with a ski boat bottom.But the boat was still tommy design. Now that Capps has the molds,should he get credit for the boat.He still
    calls it a Cheyenne.,and the the molds have not changed ,still a ski boat bottom.If I buy a new one the bottom and intake will still be done by Tommy.Nobody knows the Cheyenne or Edge like Tommy does

BigBlockOldsJet
    Merry Christmas Busby, I have no hard feelings towards a guy that puts so much effort into keeping this great sport alive. It's only the internet, you can't take things personal.
    Chris......take it man

Can a brother get a hit?
    Tony ... get it before Chris shows up ...

BigBlockOldsJet
    Hey , Trust Me..I'm a nice guy..... But when "BigBlockOldsmobileJet" pulled a "BBT's" on his post about my boat,where it was gonna be,what its was gonna be doing... Dude if want my boat to wear out my trailer sitting on it.. But, that's not the case at hand...The fact is my boat will be there... BTW.. Don't feel all butthurt our nothin'...I once owned an Oldsmobile too...
    It's no big deal, I once owned a Sanger as well.

lilrick
    wow! I read that post from beginning to end ,I'm tired!

lilrick
    real boat racers turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UBFJ #454
    Willis -
    We're in the 7's ... Now Huntn' on 6's ... Ya Miss the 'Back Drop' in the/my thread about 'Replacement Parts For PopOff's' ... Cage is TIG Tacked together ... am designing/fabricating latch pins, hindges, etc before completing TIG'ing ... also am finishing out the damn Capsule Plug for molding ... Oh, How I Hate Bondo & Fiberglass ...
    Once we 'Double Up' on 7.5's ... We're Capsuled.
    P.S.: Still Lookn' for PopOff Parts ... Anybody?

steelcomp
    Wow! You guys had all the fun today. FINE! I'm rollin a fresh one, and keepin it! :yuk:
    BBOJ...yur kinduv a slimy bahstahd, aintcha.

Taylorman
    Hey BBOJ, you should strap on a PSI onto your olds and see what it'll do.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast