Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

Big Proppa
    Thanks for all your help last saturday Willis, and good luck with the new set up.

revndave
    Great to hear its up and running Willis.Go for it!!! :crossx:

Taylorman
    Whats the difference in a roots and screw blowers?

bp
    Dan Nelson ran 7.20's at Ming with a PSI,and Jim Sampica Ran 7.20's at
    Red Bluff with the same motor,so I don't see a problem with what Willis is saying.
    As far as the MPH,I don't think Willis has a MPH LIMITER installed on his boat.
    :argue:
    i remember dan running a best of 7.40 at ming in november of '00 with a much heavier stealth than willis has. if i recall correctly, dan said he had that thing turned way up over 40. jim ran 7.50s at red bluff, which was below dan's ihba best of 7.62 that he ran at chow. harold had the njba record a long long time ago at 7.45.
    to think it's "not possible" for willis to run quicker than 7.62 is a little short sighted, simply because he has had his problems and had it turned down at the last race. willis has proven he ain't no quitter, he has his eyes on the prize, and yes, he has the equipment to better the 7.62. all he has to do is do it.

revndave
    I think more boost,less heat and it takes less power to turn.

Fast Freddy
    the last time i checked the blown gas jet record was held by an eliminator at 139 MPH. 147 mph wow! when was this done and what kind of boat did the deed? i assume the 147 mph was done with a PSI blower?

mj680
    I didn't say that it was never or couldn't be done, I am saying that just by changing superchargers in this application it is doubtful to see that much of a performance gain. As you know, PSI chargers have the potential to make a significant amount of boost, don't you think that the internal components of the engine have to be updated to take advantage of the higher boost capabilities, especially on a blown gasser. To name drop and say it has been done is a weak argument, I am sure that their engine combinations were built around the high boost capabilites of the PSI. So what your saying is to take an engine built for 10 lbs of boost then throw 40+ lbs of boost at it and run the number.
    It all depends on how strong you rods/pistons are.Willis should have NO Problems.All Dan did was to buy a PSI to run the numbers,with alot of help from Tommy Papp.They both have the same boat EDGE.Jim Sampica had a Papp/Cheyenne.Willis can DO IT.He has the best parts money can buy.

BigBlockOldsJet
    to think it's "not possible" for willis to run quicker than 7.62 is a little short sighted, simply because he has had his problems and had it turned down at the last race.
    You say he had it turned down for the last race, funny, because that was the fastest time posted for the entire year. I am not bagging on Willis, he is not a quiter, I would just like to see some facts that back up his statement.

revndave
    You say he had it turned down for the last race, funny, because that was the fastest time posted for the entire year. I am not bagging on Willis, he is not a quiter, I would just like to see some facts that back up his statement.
    Dude set a goal for himself.Let it go.I better not say I'm running my 21 in BGJ in 06.I might get railed.

mj680
    the last time i checked the blown gas jet record was held by an eliminator at 139 MPH. 147 mph wow! when was this done and what kind of boat did the deed? i assume the 147 mph was done with a PSI blower?
    The NJBA Blown Gas Jet record is retired at 147.03 MPH,set by Don Harris.
    It will take a 141.14 MPH to establish a new record. (with a 1% backup).

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast