Thread: Need help w/ a 302 Ford

Boozer
    I recently purchased a 95 Mustang GT as a project car. The motor is going out on it which is fine because I bought the car to make it a street/strip monster. However, today I was told the computer in this car sucks and you can't change the cam.
    Is there any work around that you guys might be aware of that would allow me to switch to a larger cam? I'm planning to rebuild the motor with forged pistons and all the other goodies I need to run a twin turbo set up on it. I'd really like the turbo set up to work but now I am concerned about the computer.
    What do you guys think?

BrendellaJet
    That car should have a 302 HO motor in it. You should not have any problems with the computer. If it is crap, by one for a motor a few years olderearly 90's or so and be done with the issue...Check the internet, ***boat is not the only place with forums...

maxwedge
    I don't think there is anything you can't buy for that car or motor. :crossx: Got to be more parts and info for 5.0 Mustangs than almost anything else out there. Search the net. There are at least four or five different magazines pratically dedicated to modifying 5.0/4.6/5.4 Mustangs at the local bookstore. I think 95 is probably the first year for OBDII coumputer on that car, which is slightly more difficult to modify, but if you are contemplating a twin turbo setup, you are going to need some serious re-programming/new electronics anyway, so the computer is the least of your worries. Sounds like a cool project though.

GofastRacer
    Should be able to get some info here!..
    Mustang Forum! (http://www.mustangboards.com/)