Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Lake Mead, Trident is in my future...

40FlatDeck
    Well, I finally made a trip to Lake Mead but it didn't go as planned!! We were there for the Poker Runs West poker run and stayed at Lake Las Vegas (which is beautiful by the way).
    Saturday we launched out of the Lake Mead Marina which was windy as sh*t. We were going into the wind and against some pretty decent white caps when I landed off a wave and out of the corner of my eye I see a little white bouy on my left:sqeyes: , sh*t, yank the wheel right and bam, right over a rock ledge. I cant even believe it! In the middle of the lake no less..... I get back on the throttles and head straight back to the marina with suprisingly no vibration (I thought I killed both props and I thought I put a hole in the damn thing). Put the boat on the trailer and see I have ruined my two brand new Herring lowers, hardly any damage to the props, but some decent scars on the right bottom of the boat. Anyway it could have been worse.
    Got the lowers off on Monday and they were shipped back to Herring, big thanks to Gary Smith. Shipped my props off to BBlades for some love today and I will be dropping the boat off to Wes and the boys at Trident so they can work there magic on the hull. With Trident using the latest in materials and technique, I have no doubt the boat will be perfect when done. If I know Wes, he has already talked to Peter@Skater. Hopefully I will be back on the water soon!

vegasriverjunkie
    That sucks!! Where abouts on the lake was this?

Outnumbered
    Well, I finally made a trip to Lake Mead but it didn't go as planned!! We were there for the Poker Runs West poker run and stayed at Lake Las Vegas (which is beautiful by the way).
    Saturday we launched out of the Lake Mead Marina which was windy as sh*t. We were going into the wind and against some pretty decent white caps when I landed off a wave and out of the corner of my eye I see a little white bouy on my left:sqeyes: , sh*t, yank the wheel right and bam, right over a rock ledge. I cant even believe it! In the middle of the lake no less..... I get back on the throttles and head straight back to the marina with suprisingly no vibration (I thought I killed both props and I thought I put a hole in the damn thing). Put the boat on the trailer and see I have ruined my two brand new Herring lowers, hardly any damage to the props, but some decent scars on the right bottom of the boat. Anyway it could have been worse.
    Got the lowers off on Monday and they were shipped back to Herring, big thanks to Gary Smith. Shipped my props off to BBlades for some love today and I will be dropping the boat off to Wes and the boys at Trident so they can work there magic on the hull. With Trident using the latest in materials and technique, I have no doubt the boat will be perfect when done. If I know Wes, he has already talked to Peter@Skater. Hopefully I will be back on the water soon!
    Yes, Mead is looking sad. Glad no one was hurt.

Racey
    That was a rough shitty weekend.

40FlatDeck
    Yes, Mead is looking sad. Glad no one was hurt.
    Yeah, we are good, I was more pissed at myself than anything. The white caps just made the bouy almost impossible to see. The boat took it like a champ though, I on the other hand needed a Xanex.

40FlatDeck
    That sucks!! Where abouts on the lake was this?
    If you head out of the Marina a ways we made a left and went into a pretty long cove. We came straight out of that cove later and continued a good ways into the main body of the lake. Sorry, after we hit I kind of lost track.

Racey
    If you head out of the Marina a ways we made a left and went into a pretty long cove. We came straight out of that cove later and continued a good ways into the main body of the lake. Sorry, after we hit I kind of lost track.
    That's bay is getting pretty low and nasty, we never boat that side of swallow over. always straight to the narrows and up to the upper basin is where all the good stuff is.

dicudmore
    sorry about your luck Erik that SUCKS

burtandnancy2
    Sounds like you were near Swallow Cove. I had the same near miss in heavy white caps, just missed it and I knew approximately where it was. Glad the damage was minimal...

Sleek-Jet
    So what's going to be the new screen name??
    Remember, Froggy has a copyright and tm on anything "Trident"...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast