Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Don Pedro, Labor Day

speeddreamon
    i thought i might try to communicate with any fellow jet boaters on don pedro and perhaps hook up for some cruising, partying, etc.
    we will be camping in a tent, or on the boat, and staying hopefully friday/saturday/sunday nights, leaving regretfully monday afternoon. i would like to find someone who wants to help maybe shoot some video of my boat and theirs as well. nothing beats action shots. of course if you've got a helicopter, all the better...hahaha.
    we've got plenty of good music and a loud stereo, of course some beer and other spirits too. we always launch from moccassin point marina, but obviously on a jet boat, all of don pedro is quite accessible.
    cheers

I am looking to go some where this weekend, but didn't book any sites as I didn't think I would have my boat back together...well it is, but I am not familliar with don pedro. Are the sites first come first serve?. I'd love to help with video and get mine on tape as well...
    Art
    i thought i might try to communicate with any fellow jet boaters on don pedro and perhaps hook up for some cruising, partying, etc.
    we will be camping in a tent, or on the boat, and staying hopefully friday/saturday/sunday nights, leaving regretfully monday afternoon. i would like to find someone who wants to help maybe shoot some video of my boat and theirs as well. nothing beats action shots. of course if you've got a helicopter, all the better...hahaha.
    we've got plenty of good music and a loud stereo, of course some beer and other spirits too. we always launch from moccassin point marina, but obviously on a jet boat, all of don pedro is quite accessible.
    cheers

speeddreamon
    getting a camp site is difficult this weekend, i would imagine. last time we stayed in a numbered site, we spent $20 per day but it was not a busy weekend and easy to find a spot. i don't remember that they do reservations. from what i've read, most on this forum typically stay over at the "other" side of the lake at flemming meadows.
    our primary plan is to do lake side camping (i.e. not in a site but maybe at an island or something) and not have to pay. plan B is to drop everything off somewhere and end up partying all night anyway, only to spend the first half of the next day searching for our stuff.

I have heard of the island camping. I had some friends do it some time ago. As for lakeside...can you just pull up on any open shore and set up camp...that might be a bit difficult for me as I have a few kids and wont have enough room in the boat to load all that is needed. I will try to get on their site to see whats available.
    Art
    getting a camp site is difficult this weekend, i would imagine. last time we stayed in a numbered site, we spent $20 per day but it was not a busy weekend and easy to find a spot. i don't remember that they do reservations. from what i've read, most on this forum typically stay over at the "other" side of the lake at flemming meadows.
    our primary plan is to do lake side camping (i.e. not in a site but maybe at an island or something) and not have to pay. plan B is to drop everything off somewhere and end up partying all night anyway, only to spend the first half of the next day searching for our stuff.

speeddreamon
    as far as i've seen and understand, you can pull up anywhere from the water and camp. the trouble is that on don pedro, most of the shorelines are quite rocky and not flat. there are exceptions...to be honest, we usually end up back at the loading dock sleeping in the car overnight, because i'm too chicken to beach the boat.
    we lost one anchor to underwater trees and nearly a second this year. some of the best camping is when you can find a good solid tree or two to tie off in the water and then unload your stuff on shore. we're taking the inflatable raft to ferry stuff onto shore.

Familycat
    Not sure Don Pedro is the best for what you are trying to do. It is crazy busy on holiday weekends. You might want to try New Melones. It is first come first serve. No reservations.
    R

Just got on their site. It has been down for the last hour or so. In order to book a site one would have to call in or mail in your reservation 7 days in advance. I will see if I can convince the kids to "rough it". If I go, I'll be in this...
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/2/115351.jpg

speeddreamon
    i've enjoyed don pedro because of the "arms" that allow for lots of "exploring". you're right, it will be crazy busy. we're going to rent a jet ski on sunday to mix things up a bit. looking forward to blasting through the rooster tail with that jet ski!
    i'll be in this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zao9eq3xyWo
    doing this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM8H4dcSRrg
    http://www.heli-chair.com/images_pub...s/PICT6839.JPG

david_396
    Went to lake Mclure a few weeks ago (above don pedro) plenty of water and camping there. Had a great time

speeddreamon
    any jetboats and for that matter anyone who sees us on the lake, feel free to stop us and say hi. i'll be glad to race anyone out there, because i already know i probably won't win...hahahah!
    hope everyone has a safe labor day weekend.
    happy floats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast