Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Child Abuse

burtandnancy2
    I drive past a couple of high schools in the afternoon, and see the fields filled with young kids in full football gear, helmets and all, and they are working out while I'm reading 106 on my dash. What are the coach's thinking? Isn't there a limit when they should knock it off? You read once in a while where a teenage dies of the heat. Sad...

ratso
    I drive past a couple of high schools in the afternoon, and see the fields filled with young kids in full football gear, helmets and all, and they are working out while I'm reading 106 on my dash. What are the coach's thinking? Isn't there a limit when they should knock it off? You read once in a while where a teenage dies of the heat. Sad...
    ...they could always go inside like so many kids nowdays and be dysfunctional and watch TV...:idea:

Ultrafied
    Hell week ... do it and play. Go in and cool off, well, sit and watch the game. We all did it (who ever played football that is). Never enjoyed it, but endured it. What is the big deal?

HocusPocus
    i played football in the heat.. just gotta drink plenty of fluids.

XtrmWakeborder
    It's a part of the game. Hopefully the coaches are smart and let them get their fluids.

MrsGHT
    It's all about the choice they make and more power to them. I guess you think basic training in the Military is abuse.:jawdrop:

Screemy1
    yup.... just access to fluid, half gatorade half h2o is the best..... heat does not kill you, failure to recognize signs kill you...... been there, done that.... heat stroke all most got me..... hospital for long time and I got better..... I notice the signs.... but kept working because I wanted to finish..... stupid me the job didn't get finished for another week when only a 15 min break would have had it done in another 2 hours.......

Old Texan
    Pussy......:devil:

photo chick
    You are joking....right?

ratso
    WOW !! try motocrossing racing when it's 100+, used to do it all the time when I was younger.
    Definitely... had me, my son, stepson, and a couple of nephews that raced... I guess you need that competitive edge that you just don't get with a nintendo remote control in your hand... or whatever the "hot" thing is nowdays that the fat kids play...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast