Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Child Abuse

Bradman
    I played football all through high school while living in Las Vegas, NV. Are hell weeks were held the first two week of August. We had 2 a days in temperatures that exceeded 106 degrees. We just drank lots and lots and lots of water.

yopengo
    I played football all through high school while living in Las Vegas, NV. Are hell weeks were held the first two week of August. We had 2 a days in temperatures that exceeded 106 degrees. We just drank lots and lots and lots of water.
    I did the same in Tucson, AZ...fockin nuts. Go AMPHI HS

ratso
    Pussy......:devil:
    C'mon now... supposed to wait until at least the 2nd page for things to spin outta control lol...

Misogynist
    C'mon now... supposed to wait until at least the 2nd page for things to spin outta control lol...
    Hey Ratso... what's happening?........

MudPumper
    And I suppose our troops in Iraq wearing 50 pounds of full battle gear in the 140* heat should stay inside and not work. :idea: My wife teaches 3rd grade and anytime it gets close to 100* they make the kids stay inside from recess and she does not get a lunch break from the kids because she has to watch them in the classroom. WTF is wrong with people these days. Kids cant play because it's 100* outside. Were breeding a bunch of panzies.

photo chick
    And I suppose our troops in Iraq wearing 50 pounds of full battle gear in the 140* heat should stay inside and not work. :idea: My wife teaches 3rd grade and anytime it gets close to 100* they make the kids stay inside from recess and she does not get a lunch break from the kids because she has to watch them in the classroom. WTF is wrong with people these days. Kids cant play because it's 100* outside. Were breeding a bunch of panzies.
    Very well said!!! Your poor wife doesn't get a break b/c of parents who sue the schools b/c Jonnie should'nt have to break a sweat! Bet she doesn't get any extra $ because she looses her lunch either! Which I'm sure she'd probably rather have the break than money anyways. Kids today are so sheltered it's sick! I could go on but I'd better stop now! :devil:

photo chick
    I think with little kids, it's better to err on the side of caution. It was 109° when I picked my daughter up today at 2pm. It was hot inside the classroom. My daughter is 5, she doesn't know the signs of heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
    The last two days I picked her up, she was actually outside playing on the playground equipment. She has daycare at school after kindergarten. She was BEET RED both days and she is far from sheltered and quite used to the heat. I'm glad they had her inside today.
    Lastly, I wouldn't want to be the parent that got the phone call from school "Sorry, your kid died today at recess."
    No one wants to be the parent who gets that call!!
    5 years old is a bit young, yes.
    3rd graders should be able to stay outside in the heat of the day in Santa Clarita. Water should be available but there's no reason they can't stay outside for lunch, what is it 45 mins? I grew up there and never sat indoors during the summer, I was the one playing soccer or some type of sport. There is always a child who has special needs or the one who is lazy, they can always just sit on the swings or under a tree for lunch!

topless
    I think with little kids, it's better to err on the side of caution. It was 109° when I picked my daughter up today at 2pm. It was hot inside the classroom. My daughter is 5, she doesn't know the signs of heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
    The last two days I picked her up, she was actually outside playing on the playground equipment. She has daycare at school after kindergarten. She was BEET RED both days and she is far from sheltered and quite used to the heat. I'm glad they had her inside today.
    Lastly, I wouldn't want to be the parent that got the phone call from school "Sorry, your kid died today at recess."I don't blame you. My son who is 15 is in marching band. (I know, band geek but he is good and loves it) He has been out there every day from noon till 7 pm marching and getting ready for the upcoming football season. He comes home beat red as well but I do send him with plenty of water and lunch. He doesn't complain but at the same time I do worry.

Tom Brown
    I drive past a couple of high schools in the afternoon, and see the fields filled with young kids in full football gear, helmets and all, and they are working out while I'm reading 106 on my dash.
    It was a cool day, Mario. Slow the fock down!

hoolign
    It was a cool day, Mario. Slow the fock down!
    Speeding in a school zone! The nerve!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast