Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pool question

Outnumbered
    You for got one.
    #8 how many hours do you run it. Mine runs for 10, at night. The hotter the water the longer she needs to run.
    Refer to post 14 above.

Xlration Marine
    Refer to post 14 above.
    Ah why read it all, I just saw that you missed one so I tossed it in there. We are getting pounded over here, pool should look like crap in the morning.

Outnumbered
    Well yes I do. It comes out of the faucet at about 600-700 ppm tds. A number that would mean old tired water any where else. And just dumping the water is not even an option in some places. I guess that was just the point I was getting at in a round about way.
    cool- not really trying to grate on anybody-change
    So, tell me how you get water that is 2500-3000 ppm back to a manageable level? And for the record our tap water tested out to about 770 ppm this spring.
    For someone that knows nothing my pool stays nice and crystal clear all summer with minimal chemicals. I guess I just got lucky

Outnumbered
    Ah why read it all, I just saw that you missed one so I tossed it in there. We are getting pounded over here, pool should look like crap in the morning.
    Looks like we may get it too. Where are you? Havi?

scarabrick2
    refer to post # 16
    Still want help.
    My pool size is 22 million gallons........
    yah, thats correct.... 22 million gallons. Plus its here in THE VEGAS HEAT

91nordic29
    refer to post # 16
    Still want help.
    My pool size is 22 million gallons........
    yah, thats correct.... 22 million gallons. Plus its here in THE VEGAS HEAT
    Holy Crap!

After having my pool done for 3 months I'm having trouble with alge. My chlorine & acid levels are fine . Called a buddy , he checked the phosphate level & it was way high . I treated it following the directions . It cleared up & 3 days later its high again.
    My water temp is around 84 & I had the water tested at a pool supply incase I was doing it wrong .What is causing this & how do I stop it ?
    i get it real bad also,usally around the swim steps in the shaded area of the pool i think its called mustard algae.hit it real good with chlorine this last week and it seems to be gone for now.I was only running my pump for 5 hours so i kicked it up to 8 The pool guy comes once a week by then the chlorine is low or gone so now im going to put some in myself between his visits.

pspoolman
    I like to treat algae with yellow treat or yellow trine (sodium bromide based), follow label instructions and musard algae will be gone next day. Then follow up with phospate remover as needed.

havpoolguy
    There are so many different reasons algae can grow. Vegetation blowing in pool, pets in pool, bad filtration or circulation, run times, etc.. All I can reccomend is trying to find a good pool guy or lady. Having someone take care of your pool does not guarnatee no algae, but if they know what they are doing they should be able to get rid of it quickly under most circumstances. I personally use silver algadyne to git rid of green and mustard algae it works for me, but every pool guy has there own methods.

Pheelin Phroggy
    well... your pool guy should be able to get your algae problem under control, as algae treatment and prevention should be one of the benefits of hiring a professional. Then ask him to drop a cpl of preventative ounces of silvertrine (or whatever works best where you are at), in it every couple of months or so. If it is beyond his capability, then you may want to find another pool guy. JMHO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast