Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3m 5200 slow cure?

Will 5200 slow cure SEAL in 24 hrs? Directions say, 7 days to cure, I'm interested in sealing in 24hr. Has anybody got any info on it's sealing time?

cyclone
    Will 5200 slow cure SEAL in 24 hrs? Directions say, 7 days to cure, I'm interested in sealing in 24hr. Has anybody got any info on it's sealing time?
    just buy GE Silicone II outdoor window sealant from Home Depot. it works great and will cure in 24hrs.

I tried that last week, it didn't work. I'm using it on a new ramp loader. So far, everything I've used, has been blown out when the boats been driven. I've got 5200 slow cure, but can't find fast in time for the weekend.

cyclone
    You shouldnt need to silicone your loader in place. you've got water coming in from the holes the bolts go through?

You shouldnt need to silicone your loader in place. you've got water coming in from the holes the bolts go through?
    Michael, your loader bolts were leaking pretty bad at Irvine.LOL

cyclone
    Michael, your loader bolts were leaking pretty bad at Irvine.LOL
    really? i couldnt tell from the driver's seat. lol

well when i got stuck loading your shitrocket on the trailer cause your crew was scared of the water i noticed it. I think because your intake is not threaded and just through bolted its more prone to leaking.

cyclone
    well when i got stuck loading your shitrocket on the trailer cause your crew was scared of the water i noticed it. I think because your intake is not threaded and just through bolted its more prone to leaking.
    i used to silicone them all the time and then someone at the race track said i didnt need to so i stopped. lol
    almost time to leave for the river!

R/C Pilot has a JE pump so the loader is actually bolted to the hull. I would suggest a little Sea-Goin Poxy Putty around each hole, between the loader and the hull, and maybe even a little extra on the shank of each bolt. This will do a better job of filling/sealing the bolt holes than any silicone-based product while adding a little strength at the same time.

Yea getting closer, Im out at 7am.
    the silicone on the loader deal is a hassel. I dont silicone mine cause Im always taking them in and out but if your going to leave it in, its a good idea.
    speaking of loaders....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast