Thread: Bad day at Folsom Lake today

infotraker
    Wife and I took the hydro out for a test drive today on Folsom. Last day to go as tomorrow entire lake 5 mph because of low water and hazards. We launched ok, wind was up by 9:30. Took at short run towards the dam watching for hazards. Engine sounded great as I had been working on carbs for weeks and it now seems dialed in. Took Ora back to the dock so I could make a short speed run. As she pushed the boat away from the dock her entire
    hand laid on the header. She got a very bad burn. We got the boat out and when leaving the marina for the hospital the radiator hose broke. I luckily got it fixed in about ten minutes and we got to the hospital. She got a pain shot and pills. Time will heal it. I may not make it to Knights landing Sun. We will see if I can leave her for a while if shes doing better.
    Jim

There's some terrific stuff called Silvidine (sp?) cream. Have your doc prescribe some for her. I had a very severe header burn many years ago, 3rd degree in the middle, skin gone 2 places on leg about 6 in long, this stuff is great shit. PPx only I think though.

infotraker
    Thanks for the info about the cream. We are going to the burn center tomorrow to get her checked. I will ask about the cream. The pain is severe even on dilatin (sp) pain pills. She has to keep her hand in ice water to keep the pain down. hopefully tomorrow it will be a little better.

QuickJet
    Sorry to hear that. Those damn burns hurt. I had a leg (calf area) burn from a header on my old jet. It burnt so bad that when I dipped my leg in the water to cool it off the top layer of skin went floating away.
    I heard that cool mustard after a burn usually helps in the pain department. I carry a bottle whenever I go out now. Not too much of a problem with the HPC headers but those chrome ones can hurt like a mofo.

vdrivenman
    the silvidine cream is great stuff.just be sure she does not have an sulphur allergy reaction to it.

GAWnCA
    Thanks for the info about the cream. We are going to the burn center tomorrow to get her checked. I will ask about the cream. The pain is severe even on dilatin (sp) pain pills. She has to keep her hand in ice water to keep the pain down. hopefully tomorrow it will be a little better.
    Until you can get that Rx, try some Alovera (sp) on it. If you have a plant around just cut off one of the leaves(?) split it open and rub the jelly stuff all over the area. Just my 2 cents.