Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boat cover

thehookerman
    Where kind I find a boat cover for my jetboat ? anyone

Slacker
    I got a water resistant cover that is towable from Tom at Jetboat performance. Depending on which type of hull i am sure he can help you out.

Dominator Scott
    I had this one custom made for the Sanger and love it.

GAWnCA
    I had this one custom made for the Sanger and love it.
    What did it cost and where did you have it made?

Devilman
    Just depends on how you want it to function. You want something custom fit & towable, they're out there, but gonna cost some big $$$.... If its just something to cover it while sitting at home, it can be quite a bit easier on the wallet. I got this boat cover (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2508679) at Wal Mart. I got mine for around $60 bucks as it was on sale, but they normally run around $80.... They say you can tow with it if you tie it down properly, but I wouldn't try it. It's got some pretty heavy elastic around the bottom so it stays on nicely without having to tie it down, covers the OT headers & all.

Dominator Scott
    What did it cost and where did you have it made?
    I had it made locally here in Lansing, Michigan and it cost about $320.00. The lady that made it does this sort of thing part time. The cover is completely water resistant and has been strengthened with added material at the weak points like the ends of the headers,steering wheel ect. It works great!!!!

GAWnCA
    I got this boat cover (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2508679) at Wal Mart. I got mine for around $60 bucks as it was on sale, but they normally run around $80.... They say you can tow with it if you tie it down properly, but I wouldn't try it. It's got some pretty heavy elastic around the bottom so it stays on nicely without having to tie it down, covers the OT headers & all.
    Now that's all I need. Thanks and the ones I need are about $89 not bad at all, and then get the support pole for keeping the rain out. Guess I'll be shopping at Wally-World today. I don't think I want to tow a boat with a cover on it as I've heard some bad things about doing that. Sure can screw up a nice paint job.

thehookerman
    Thanks guys for the info !

Longstr
    I got mine from Overtons for $150, fits pretty good, towed is over 1000 miles this summer. For the next boat I will just take it to my buddies house who does custom upholstery and have him manicure it up to fit the new hull, and OTH. and still not have over $200 dollars in it.

Devilman
    Now that's all I need. Thanks and the ones I need are about $89 not bad at all, and then get the support pole for keeping the rain out. Guess I'll be shopping at Wally-World today. I don't think I want to tow a boat with a cover on it as I've heard some bad things about doing that. Sure can screw up a nice paint job.
    Yeah, I got that support pole along with it. Mine sits under the carport when parked, but every now & then it has to give up its spot & sit outside, so the pole keeps rain or leaves from collecting on it. One of those heavy grey canvas covers came with the boat & it was ok, but I like this one a whole lot better.
    I have heard mixed reviews about towing with a cover & the possibility of the paint/gel getting screwed up. Some say with the cover, it isn't an issue. Friend of mine here had a cover made for his Liberator, it was real similar to the cover Dominator Scott posted, fit his Liberator like a glove. It ended up with a hole torn through it from the corner of his scoop, from towing it covered. So much for a multi-hundred dollar custom cover, lol....
    Besides, I wouldn't want to cover my boat up while towing anyway. The metalflake likes lots of sunshine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast