Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoDaddy.com or other web hosting?

91nordic29
    I want to get a website/domain name so that I can sell my product. I was reading about GoDaddy and it sounds like they would be a good place for a beginner. Any input will be greatly appreciated...

Boatcop
    I use Go-Daddy for 2 different sites. Cheapest I've found for domain registration and hosting.
    It's a one-stop site for everything. They even have a "web-site tonight" deal where they help you get the site up and running in a flash.
    The have a ton of add-ons, especially for commercial sites. Things you'll need like shopping carts, credit card processing, etc.

91nordic29
    Thanks, Alan. You are always ready to help!

diesel
    I used them to register the domain, but I dont like thier hosting services, and the way its layed out.
    I use hostpc, its really easy for first time users, and their plans are cheaper per month.
    I signed up years ago, so they keep my price the same until I cancel, & haven't had any problems with them either.

lalhc
    Our company uses GoDaddy all the time to purchase domain names. I just bought another one yesterday.

Dan Lorenze

C-2
    I use godaddy dor a couple of sites and over the past 5 years, have never seen their service interrupted or down. I also like the fact if I wanna call them at 1:00 a.m. - I get a live person, not a message to call back during regular business hours.

OutCole'd
    Godaddy here also, no problems at all!

91nordic29
    Thanks for all the input. Sounds like GoDaddy might be the one for me (I did look at the others that were mentioned also, thanks )

91nordic29
    It looks like most of us use godaddy for registering our domain names.
    If you are having a site built you should know what will be use for programming. For example, I use PHP for e-mailing from a page and ASP for all my other pages. Pretty straight forward. A friend had a site built that used cold fusion. That wont work with some providers and the guy who built it isn't going to host it anymore so he is searching for a new hosting service.
    Just something to think about.
    Now you are talking over my head, lol. I am hoping that GoDaddy has some sort of set up wizard to help me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast