Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Another one for the "man made" global warming suckers

Schiada76
    Actually you both (Shiada and Ultra) are making sense in your last posts here. On the micro level, Ultra's choosing to have a civic as a daily driver and doing other personal things to save energy and $$ makes perfect sense. Shiada's "cut out your prostate" analogy is a good one for looking at the macro, re those who would consider using government to force costly and poorly conceived measures, like Kyoto, on us all in order to "play it safe".
    Oh Great!!!
    There you go being all adult.....and chit.

Schiada76
    Actually you both (Shiada and Ultra) are making sense in your last posts here. On the micro level, Ultra's choosing to have a civic as a daily driver and doing other personal things to save energy and $$ makes perfect sense. Shiada's "cut out your prostate" analogy is a good one for looking at the macro, re those who would consider using government to force costly and poorly conceived measures, like Kyoto, on us all in order to "play it safe".
    Oh Great!!!
    There you go being all adult.....and chit.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Not that live to eighty.
    The statistics are different on just about every site on the net.
    At age 80, the average life expectancy of a US male is 7 years; for those who make it to age 85, the average US male lives 5 more years.[1] The frequency of so-called latent prostate cancer (clinically unsuspected prostate cancer in autopsy series) rises with age from 15% in the sixth decade of life to 30% in the seventh decade and approximately 40% in the eighth decade.[1,2]
    Thus, autopsy series would suggest that an 80-year-old man has approximately a 40% chance of having histologic evidence of prostate cancer.[2]
    The overdetection of clinically insignificant prostate cancer in this age group, with resultant overtreatment, treatment-related morbidity, and economic burden, is the primary concern. At the same time, approximately 1% of 80-year-old men will have a clinical diagnosis of prostate cancer.[1]
    Of these 80-year-old men with a clinical diagnosis of prostate cancer, those with low-grade and moderate-grade tumors would be expected to have a 97% to 98% 5-year disease-specific survival rate and an 87% 10-year disease-specific survival rate without immediate treatment.[3]
    However, the 5-year disease-specific survival rate drops down to 76% and the 10-year disease-specific survival rate falls to 34% for those with high-grade cancers (Gleason score 8 to 10).[3]
    Considering that the average life expectancy is under 80 years and that, until 3 weeks ago, I was a smoker since the age of 16, I'm not overly concerned.
    I sure feels good to be a non-smoker for the 1st time in 40 years. Quiting was easy with a new product on the market.

never_fast_enuf
    I see Ultra is up to his usual deflection techniques when he is backed into a corner.
    BTW Ultra, why DID you ignore my "err on the side of caution" post?
    Hmmmm....never mind, I already know why.

Schiada76
    I see Ultra is up to his usual deflection techniques when he is backed into a corner.
    He was erring on the side of caution, didn't want to get caught with his foot in his mouth again.

Schiada76
    He was erring on the side of caution, didn't want to get caught with his foot in his mouth again.

never_fast_enuf

http://atworkandbored.com/jokes-inc/...outh-1199.jpeg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456