Thread: 450HP/455 High Performance Long Block, Is it worth it?

apollo18
    Is this a good deal or does it have junk parts? http://www.cdpautomachine.com/ecatal...ilengines.html

rrrr
    Hoss is building a 455 on juice that he'll sell you cheap once it's broken in. :crossx: :220v:

v-drive
    I have an olds in my v-drive(long story)and it's ok. That being said,I will never do it again. Go chevy......v-drive

apollo18
    I thought about chevy but it would cost a lot more ie new pipes, mounting plates etc.. if im wrong hook me up with some advice..

I thought about chevy but it would cost a lot more ie new pipes, mounting plates etc.. if im wrong hook me up with some advice..
    I ran an Olds for 18+ years. When I scrapped that hull, I contemplated putting the Olds into the new project. Knowing that it would not suit my needs without a rebuild, I decided to make the change to a Chevy. Best decision I could have made. I probably should have done just that 18 years earlier. Leave the Olds oiling system problems to the diehard Olds fans.
    If the Olds stuff you have is in decent shape, sell it to help cover the cost of mounts, exhaust, intake manifold, distributor and any small bits needed to swap in a Ford or Chevy. A lot of what you need for the swap can be found here on the boards, used, for decent prices.

v-drive
    I am in the process of buying another boat. I went for a ride in it this past weekend and the difference was amazing. Like oldsquirt is saying,do the chevy.......v-drive

PANTHERJET
    I Checked Out The Link Just Reading Through Sound Okay Put Personally I Would Not Go Through That Company Just Looking At The Over Spray In The Heads And On The Gasket Surfaces Donst Look Like Thew Quality Is Should Be For The Money Also The Do Not Mention Any Thing About The Common Oil Problem If You Need Help With Locating The Right Stuff Pm Me

HOSS
    I need help locating the right stuff,,,,for free. Can you help me?
    I`m gonna retire anothe Bubba Gump shrimp boat motor. Soon!