Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The commute to/from work

ultra27jay
    81 miles each way. from northridge to aliso viejo. what fun.

hkunz
    Used to be 110 miles each way, Moreno Valley to Coronado, every day. Then I transfered to a ship at 32nd St, so it was only 105 miles each way every day, but when the ship got underway, it was less than 867 feet, and the only gas I burned was from the beans at dinner.
    During that time I discoverd that Chrysler products' cruise controls only go to 86 MPH, making them effectively useless for flying low on the I-15. Toyota Avalon cruise control, however, will allow you to set it at 105.
    Now, it's about 50 feet, and I often work in my underwear or pajamas, depending upon the time of year.

Havasu1986
    13.5 miles..Yorba Linda to La Habra Imperial Highway mostly.

HocusPocus
    i don't have to leave the house to work.. just drive the kids to and from school, so its like 5 miles round trip.
    the wife works about 2 miles from the house and still gets a company truck.

yopengo
    Old commute to San Clemente 25 mi each way. Two years ago I built a 350 sf office in our home. Now itÂ’s a sixteen step commute. Best thing I ever did.

Captain Dan
    6 miles each way, no freeways

Stoneman
    Commuted 200 miles a day for 20 yrs. Now my commute is 10ft. 2 days a week!

Right now It's 84 mi. r/t from Gilbert to the ghetto

socalmoney
    Soooooooo What EXACTLY were you an all the 1,000's of others that left the OC 8 years ago thinking? the 91 was going to open up 16 lanes each way?
    I don't drive the 91. Never have, never will. That road will kill you. I take Ortega. I used to live in Costa Mesa on the west side. Rented a nice two bedroom with a buddy. I drove from CM to Long Beach for work. Cherry exit to be exact. It took me 45 minute on average to get to work and to get home. I only drove like 20 miles. Got hitched and moved to Murrieta to live as an owner. Got a better paying job in Aliso Viejo and my commute was extended to 55 minutes. Albeit, I now drove 50 miles instead of 20 but I only added 10 minutes to my drive. I actually really like the drive on Ortega. It is beautiful driving amongst all the old oak trees and such. Traffic moves at a steady 50-55 mph and I don't have to deal with the stop and go. I really don't think I gave up too much to make the move.
    These days it takes me a bit longer to get to work/home. The construction on the 74 has increased my commute to about 90 minutes. Still better than the 91. I don't mind being in the car that long, but I would rather have that time to go to the gym or something. All in all I don't regret my move to Murrieta. In fact, every time I spend time in OC outside of work, I am glad I don't live there anymore. It is getting hard to find people who speak English in the OC.

Tom Brown
    2.5 miles each way. The drive isn't what most would consider a freeway. It is, however, paved.
    Sometimes I walk it.
    At this rate, I'm putting about $30/month into the tank. Of course, that includes weekend trips to the lake.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast