Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: header paint?? what's the best?

Longstr
    Tom,
    Called a car buddy of mine he is running this on his BBC has been on for over a year still looks good, may want to check into it.
    http://clmcenterprises.com/uper_hi.h...ID=31480464522

IMPATIENT 1
    Tom,
    Called a car buddy of mine he is running this on his BBC has been on for over a year still looks good, may want to check into it.
    http://clmcenterprises.com/uper_hi.h...ID=31480464522
    looks like that'd work but i'd have to order it. i'll go look for vht hi-temp flat black tonite and shoot it on thin

cfm
    I've had no good luck with any paints.....Just coatings.
    Haven't tried them all but I've tried a bunch.
    Life sure was different before the coating companies came about.

pw_Tony
    I've had great luck with some high temp VHT. I've only used the 1200 degree cans.
    I used to always use the flat black for exhaust manifolds. But I also used the silverish one on some Hooker headers. I put it on real light about a year ago, and to this day people still ask where the ceramic coating was done. They look real good still, but those were car headers. Not sure about what water injection would do to it

RitcheyRch
    I've used the same stuff on a few automotive headers. Be casreful installing as if you get fingerprints on it the paint will burn in that area. Atleast it did on mine.
    I've had great luck with some high temp VHT. I've only used the 1200 degree cans.
    I used to always use the flat black for exhaust manifolds. But I also used the silverish one on some Hooker headers. I put it on real light about a year ago, and to this day people still ask where the ceramic coating was done. They look real good still, but those were car headers. Not sure about what water injection would do to it

Longstr
    You got DRY headers you are in business...

Longstr Nice Pic On Your Avatar. Think I Need To Boat Where U - R

atxwrangler
    we put that cold galvanize on stuff here at the plant on our gas turbines and it usually lasts a helluva long time.that would be my first choice,it aint all that perty,but,it gets er done and lasts!

Longstr
    Longstr Nice Pic On Your Avatar. Think I Need To Boat Where U - R
    H20mofo... Thanks... that was acutually a photo shoot for the Nebraska bikini calander.. I was honored to let them use my boat..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12