Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demorats want to take away tax deductions on 3,000+ sqft homes

Screaming Pete
    Ya that's it we want the H Clinton parade in the white house where the Dem. will have full rain of things............

cdog
    Or just make everone use a waterless car wash product. The world would be a better place.
    Shameless plug!
    Article brought to you by the Real Estate professionals at RE/MAX.
    www.CoreyCondit.com

Boatcop
    What was the SEER rating on the heat pump vs. the AC unit??
    I went from a 10 SEER to a 13.5 in the house and my energy bills dropped by 30%...
    I don't think the original 1976 A/C even had a SEER rating. The new one is a 12.

Screaming Pete
    maybe it would be a god thing that away the rest of the U.S. could feel the way we deep pockets out here in California are hurt at every oppertunity by our Senators, Tree Huggers and alike

deltarat
    I'm not one of Dem, but I think that thats not a bad idea.
    Let's buy a bigger house as a tax dodge? More wood, more energy consumption, more waste.
    Who really needs a 3000SF house...maybe the Brady bunch? Remember this doesn't affect the garage SF and that's the most important
    You know what I have a 4 bedroom 3200sf house. I have 3 kids and my Mother In Law just moved in because she can no longer take care of her self. So lets put this in order
    4 bedrooms
    one for my wife and myself
    one for my daughter
    one that the boys share
    We are no different than any other family and I can tell you that sometimes 3200sf is not enough room to find any quite space to relax and unwind.
    We live in a small house by the standards of my neighborhood.
    So to answer your question I DO!

Magic34
    Shameless plug!
    Article brought to you by the Real Estate professionals at RE/MAX.
    www.CoreyCondit.com
    Waterless car wash articles will be hitting your area next week. Seriously.

Screaming Pete
    Waterless car wash articles will be hitting your area next week. Seriously.
    WORK IT!!!!!!!!!

Magic34
    You know what I have a 4 bedroom 3200sf house. I have 3 kids and my Mother In Law just moved in because she can no longer take care of her self. So lets put this in order
    4 bedrooms
    one for my wife and myself
    one for my daughter
    one that the boys share
    We are no different than any other family and I can tell you that sometimes 3200sf is not enough room to find any quite space to relax and unwind.
    We live in a small house by the standards of my neighborhood.
    So to answer your question I DO!
    I am with you. I am right in the middle in my neighborhood at 4200 sq ft. Sad thing is, we need more room.
    Just because my house is worth a good penny, that doesn't mean I take all the equity out of it. If you cant afford to repay the debt, none of it matters. My house payment is close to what people pay in a 2500 sq ft home.
    Then, I have more trees than the average person trying to keep the air clean I am also producing fruit for less fortunate communities to enjoy. I have 22 orange trees, very large, and anopther 10 or so additional large trees. Good air around me.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Other federal studies have documented that the benefits of the write-off are heavily skewed toward higher-income taxpayers who have larger-than-average mortgages.
    Newsflash, those people also have higher than average incomes and therefore higher than average taxes due. The mortgage and write-off are all proportionate.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Then, I have more trees than the average person trying to keep the air clean I am also producing fruit for less fortunate communities to enjoy. I have 22 orange trees, very large, and anopther 10 or so additional large trees. Good air around me.
    Hey! Good point! I think we should get a credit or at least a deduction for having a lot of trees. I have over 100.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast