Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demorats want to take away tax deductions on 3,000+ sqft homes

Havasu1986
    I have 22 orange trees, very large, and anopther 10 or so additional large trees. Good air around me.
    So the Dri Wash offsets what it takes to water all those trees.

RiverDave
    I'm not one of Dem, but I think that thats not a bad idea.
    Let's buy a bigger house as a tax dodge? More wood, more energy consumption, more waste.
    Who really needs a 3000SF house...maybe the Brady bunch? Remember this doesn't affect the garage SF and that's the most important
    I rent a duplex that's 2100 square feet, with myself, g/f, and one roomate.. Honestly I couldn't ever see living in anything smaller even if it was just me and my g/f. By the time you put the pool table in and all the things that go with that the whole dowstairs is for the most part gone..
    3000 sq ft isn't as big as you think. Barely have a decent "game" room in a 3000 sq ft house.
    RD

Magic34
    So the Dri Wash offsets what it takes to water all those trees.
    That's right. You see, I consume less water for the egotistical items that I have and then use that water I saved to help this planet somewhat react to a better overall environment around me. When you consume less water on your stuff, you really feel a peace over any and all that matters and you feel much better about yourself and your place in this world.

2Driver
    Seems fair to me. Isn't everyone that's in a 3,000+ sf house just slurping up life on easy street?
    How do the jack asses come up those ideas?

Freak
    We have 2300sf and want to go smaller. The last home was 1800 and that was just about right. Why you ask? Cause we hate all the time needed for cleaning/upkeep. F-it we would rather be doing something fun than cleaning bathrooms.

Big Warlock
    It's just my dog and I and I won't say the size! LOL And the new place is bigger but we have "you know who" moving in with us!!! Life is going to be different.

cdog
    Newsflash, those people also have higher than average incomes and therefore higher than average taxes due. The mortgage and write-off are all proportionate.
    Don't kill the messenger.......

cdog
    Tax exemptions for solar/alternate would still apply SF or not, correct? So a not an issue.
    Solar tax deductions are only for 40% of the cost in CA. My next home in AZ will have them. AZ even waves the state sales tax on solar equipment. They are trying to slide this one in under the Carbon footprint BS. It's a slippery slope. Next will be your boat.

Tom Brown
    This is just as bad an idea as the child sodomy program the Democrats proposed in '96. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Magic34
    Solar tax deductions are only for 40% of the cost in CA. My next home in AZ will have them. AZ even waves the state sales tax on solar equipment. They are trying to slide this one in under the Carbon footprint BS. It's a slippery slope. Next will be your boat.
    It takes 14 years to break even on the upgrade to solar power, with the incentives.
    This is a big debate in my hood right now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast