Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Demorats want to take away tax deductions on 3,000+ sqft homes

cdog
    It takes 14 years to break even on the upgrade to solar power, with the incentives.
    This is a big debate in my hood right now.
    What company are you looking at? Here's what I found.
    http://www.americanpv.com/?OVRAW=sol...ID=38382999511
    We're looking at a 3700 sqft home that's 2 story's so the AC will be cranking in the summer.

eliminatedsprinter
    I hope nobody on these boards is suprised by this proposal. It's right in line with the Democratic Party platform...When anyone votes for a democrat this is exactly the type of thing they are voting for.

Flyinbowtie
    This has been what the whole sham has been about from the get-go, which is finding ways to increase revenue sources for the federal government. These people are all about controlling everything you do, and everything about your life. The way they do that is with money, and they get the money from the very people the are trying to control.
    Us.
    Think about this.
    The government, which can't sponsor religion now decides what "sins" are, and taxes them.
    The government now decides what an "expensive" car is, and taxes them.
    The government now decides how much fuel a car can burn, and taxes the fuel, and then taxes the car if it burns more, while also taxing it if it costs more.
    The government decides how much money your parents can leave you when they die, and taxes the rest.
    If you win money legally gambling, the government decides how much of it youu should get, and taxes the rest.
    Now, if you live iin a 3000 square foot house, they are going to tax it. However, if you can't swing the tax, and decide to sell it, you will be forced to pay taxes on any money you make if you don't spend it all on another house.
    You folks are right, A 3000 square foot house is just the starter.
    (I'd be wlling to bet they won't be offering additional tax credits for homes under some other arbitrary size.)
    Next, it will be your boat, and your airplane, and your golf clubs, and your electrical bill will have a "excessive use tax", and McDonalds will have a "Poor choice tax" added to the Big Mac, and god knows what.
    I'm tellin' ya, folks, the stuff I wrote up there makes that little deal they called the Boston Tea Party look like small time extortion being pulled by rookies.
    The people that drafted and signed the Constitution, in that part where they reserved all powers not clearly reserved for the federal government, are reserved for the people and the states didn't have this shiznit in mind, and their words were written exactly to keep crap like this from happening.
    These people, and their holier-than-thou attitude about taxing my life until I conform with what they hink is best for me pisses me off.
    I believe that term limits is a big piece of the answer, those morons in DC, who simply couldn't care less what reality is like for the, "little people", would all benefit from them finding out what it is like to work for a living.
    This country is in serious, serious trouble.
    I bet they don't tax big screen TV's tho. That'd piss folks off. No American Idol in big screen?
    Why that'd be un-American.
    They don't wanna screw with our TV's...might wake us up...
    We might even show up and vote

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345