Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA is single handedly bringing down this state

socalmoney
    LA is single handedly bringing down this state.
    I keep hearing all this talk on the radio about how the LAPD issued and order to stop impounding cars from unlicensed drivers. How are cops in LA going to do their job when their own handcuffs are being used on the officers themselves.
    They are claiming this is "unconstitutional". We need to amend the constitution to include constitutional rights for citizens only. This is just getting ridiculous.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local

Havasu_Dreamin
    Unconstitutional? WTF!?!?! Someone please explain to me where in the Constitution it states you have a constitutional right to own or operate a car? Pull someone over, no license, impound the car. Driver is illegal impound them as well and then ship them home! It aint that frickin hard to understand is it? FOCK!

Wizard29
    What horseshit. So you give an illegal a ticket and secure his vehicle on the side of the road.
    End result is the illegal comes back after the cop is gone and starts driving again. He never does pay the ticket because there isn't a record on him here in the US and he doesn't give a shit about the laws anyway.
    The cycle then repeats.
    I still cannot fathom how some people in this country even think illegal immigrants should have any sort of rights here. When the VERY FIRST THING you do in this country is illegal, what rights should you have?
    I just got back from a cruise down to Ensenada. While there, I couldn't help but notice many similarities emerging between shithole Mexico and Southern CA. The future looks bleak if things continue as they are.
    I have nothing against Mexicans. It's illegals who have no desire to even try to be an American that I have a problem with. Be it an illegal Mexican, Cuban, Chinese, or whatever else, they all need to get the hell out and try again legally.

LOWRIVER2
    12500's can still be impounded when there is no licensed driver at scene. I have'nt seen one at any 12500 violation I've been at in the last ten years. Car still goes/just not for 30 days.
    14601's still get the 30 day hold, and we can impound 12500's when it's not "safe" to park the car at the location. Plenty of "unsafe" spots in LA.
    In other words, the loser is the tow co. as they made millions off of 30 day holds (average 800 bucks each). The next loser is us drivers as these unlicensed, uninsured drivers will now get their cars back sooner and be a hazard again to everyone.

RitcheyRch
    Sad isnt it. We are letting this state and country go to hell in order to please the rest of the planet.
    LA is single handedly bringing down this state.
    I keep hearing all this talk on the radio about how the LAPD issued and order to stop impounding cars from unlicensed drivers. How are cops in LA going to do their job when their own handcuffs are being used on the officers themselves.
    They are claiming this is "unconstitutional". We need to amend the constitution to include constitutional rights for citizens only. This is just getting ridiculous.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local

Boatcop
    When we stop illegals and turn them over to Border Patrol, WE impound and store their vehicle. If the registered (non-illegal) owner comes to get the vehicle, we charge them customary fees for towing and storage. Same if the leinholder wants to claim the vehicle
    If after a reasonable time they don't pick it up, we apply for abandoned title and auction off the vehicle. Proceeds go for safety equipment like ballistic vests, TASERS etc.

Kilrtoy
    When we stop illegals and turn them over to Border Patrol, WE impound and store their vehicle. If the registered (non-illegal) owner comes to get the vehicle, we charge them customary fees for towing and storage. Same if the leinholder wants to claim the vehicle
    If after a reasonable time they don't pick it up, we apply for abandoned title and auction off the vehicle. Proceeds go for safety equipment like ballistic vests, TASERS etc.
    Just another reason I love Arizona

RaceFace
    Unconstitutional? WTF!?!?! Someone please explain to me where in the Constitution it states you have a constitutional right to own or operate a car? Pull someone over, no license, impound the car. Driver is illegal impound them as well and then ship them home! It aint that frickin hard to understand is it? FOCK!
    AMEN!!

socalmoney
    I don't have much love for Tow Companies but they better start sucking some serious dick in the City of LA because their business is getting decimated. No towing cars from apartments no 30 day holds. What's next free towing for cars broken down on the road, free lockout service.

Liquid Courage
    This has been an on-going arguement for a few years now ever since the 9th district court of appeals (notoriously SUPER liberal) ruled that seizing a veh. upon citation of the driver for being unlicensed is unconstitutional. The reasons for the impound such as, avoiding the driver from continuing to drive unlic. once released from the scene, public safety, etc. were ignored by the 9th district as being irrelivant. The only way they would allow the car to be impounded is if it is illegally parked on the roadway.
    However, as with most other 9th district rulings it will most likely be overturned by the supreme court. But this takes time and during this waiting period some agencies have opted to stop towing for straight unlicenced driving violations. Like the article touched on, this is usually illegal immagrants driving unlicensed because DMV does not issued drivers licenses to un docummented persons.
    Dont get this confused with suspended lic. (different story) If you are driving with a suspended lic. the veh. can and most likely will be impounded. Most suspensions in Ca. are Misd. (though, not all are) thus, the driver is actually being cited and released in lou of jail.
    LAPD is under media spot light and is just concerned of lawsuits. I'd rather see some illegal park his car after being cited than win a lawsuit down the road for umpteen million dollars citing the 9th districts ruling!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast