Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LA is single handedly bringing down this state

DRMCAT
    You can thank our "wonderful" 9th circut court of appeals for this one. They were so kind as to rule it an unconstitutional seizure of property. So what if the driver has no license, what gives us the right to take away their car, if it can be legally parked. Definately a horsesh*t ruling from the most liberal court in the land.

RT21
    Just another reason I love Arizona
    Uhm, Wasn't it Arizona's Kyle and McCain who got into bed with Ted Kennedy to write the latest amnesty bill? If you think you are safe in AZ, you are dreaming.

LOWRIVER2
    Those of us cops here that were on the job in the early 90's remember the pre 30 day hold days. It's basically going back to that. Hell, when it changed, we had some old timers that were still tossing keys in the parked/locked cars to force the drivers to at least get someone else down there to get in the car, and they started complaining.
    I support the 30 day holds, but don't let this change make you think tow co.'s are losing too much money. In LA, things like the tiger teams with parking aggressively enforcing tows on parked cars on major streets, I"d bet the tow co.'s are maknig up the loss.
    An Official Police Garage license(acutually contract) with a city PD is very lucrative wherever it is.

KLEPTOW
    Boy I hope no one here finds out they forgot to renew their driver license by way of a LE stop.

River Runin
    LA is single handedly bringing down this state.
    I keep hearing all this talk on the radio about how the LAPD issued and order to stop impounding cars from unlicensed drivers. How are cops in LA going to do their job when their own handcuffs are being used on the officers themselves.
    They are claiming this is "unconstitutional". We need to amend the constitution to include constitutional rights for citizens only. This is just getting ridiculous.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local
    Worst than that!! Kaliforni is bringing down the WHOLE Country!!

SHOTKALLIN
    Uhm, Wasn't it Arizona's Kyle and McCain who got into bed with Ted Kennedy to write the latest amnesty bill? If you think you are safe in AZ, you are dreaming.
    I am still shaking my head in disgust. I thought that Arizona was the answer to my prayers. I really like AZ and plan to retire there or sooner. It seems that AZ Repuclicans are as liberal as Democrats. Who is supporting these clowns and if these have been their views why are they still in office?

YeLLowBoaT
    When we stop illegals and turn them over to Border Patrol, WE impound and store their vehicle. If the registered (non-illegal) owner comes to get the vehicle, we charge them customary fees for towing and storage. Same if the leinholder wants to claim the vehicle
    If after a reasonable time they don't pick it up, we apply for abandoned title and auction off the vehicle. Proceeds go for safety equipment like ballistic vests, TASERS etc.
    Thats exactly how it should be.

SHOTKALLIN
    L.A. has been a 3rd world sanctuary for a while now. The Mayor should be recalled. This guy may be the last hope for the City of L.A. He needs donations.
    http://web.mac.com/waltermoore/Walte...ayor/Home.html

iRepo
    I don't have much love for Tow Companies but they better start sucking some serious dick in the City of LA because their business is getting decimated. No towing cars from apartments no 30 day holds. What's next free towing for cars broken down on the road, free lockout service.
    There is already free towing, FSP, for any motorist that breaks down on the freeway. The contracts are held by privately owned tow companies but it is our tax dollars that pay for the free tows, the free gas, etc.

skyskier
    LA is single handedly bringing down this state.
    I keep hearing all this talk on the radio about how the LAPD issued and order to stop impounding cars from unlicensed drivers. How are cops in LA going to do their job when their own handcuffs are being used on the officers themselves.
    They are claiming this is "unconstitutional". We need to amend the constitution to include constitutional rights for citizens only. This is just getting ridiculous.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local
    LA city councilman Richard Alacorn is NOW pushing for a taxpayer bailout for all the "minority" ARM mortgage holders. Mayor Villaraigosa's main squeeze, the little sexpot reporter from Telemundo ( mexican TV station in LA ) got a sweetheart of a deal on a condo owned by one of Villaraigosa's BIG campaign contributers. Another city councilman, Rodriguez or Sanchez or Hernandez, ( he's NOT Irish?!) tried to slip thru a rezone of somekind or another on a street where his girlfriend owned a house, she does NOT live in the house nor does he, but he list's this address as his "residence"?.............and the beat goes on! Viva LA/Socal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast