Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheyenne, stealth, or daytona.

allen in texas
    If you were going to build yourself a nice little go fast boat, which of these hulls would you prefer and why?
    To qualify my question and give a bit more info, I'm planning to get back into go fast boating.
    I owned, years ago, a tx-20 tunnel with a 482 gail banks engine at 17 pounds of boost turning a Dominator AA 6500 RPM.
    The best I ran was 108 mph.
    My plans, if I can pull them off, include one of the hulls above with a 565 (or 598) BBC at 5 pounds of boost turning an American Turbine 9.5 impeller.
    Other than balls to the wall, I'm building the motor mild so I can cruise too, soo...
    Cruisability is important as is top speed.
    My TX wasn't much on cruising
    Ps,
    My ride now is a 1988 Advantage 20.5 Classic Bowrider with a 454 and Dominator with AT insides.
    It'll do 77 with a little shot of nitrous, 66 on motor.

atxwrangler
    I JUST REDID A 1990 HARDIN MARINE CHEYENNE,BLOWN GAS 460 FORD,10%UNDERDRIVENit ran 93 gps first rattle out of the box.it's a littlt heavier layup than most from what i understand.camshaft is isky,650 lift,motor has blue thunder heads.needless to say i love the boat and i am wouldn't have it any other way!i guess i would definately lean toward the stealth, or cheyenne first,just my opinion.are you comming to jet fest 10th annual party this weekend at sunrise beach near corpus christi this weekend?have you seen our{TEXAS} websight? http://texas***boats.com/

pce680
    The Cheyenne and Stealth were splashed from a Daytona by Tom Papp.
    There all all the same with minor changes.The important thing is the bottom,which Tommy did after it came out of the mold.I would look for a used boat that Tommy did,before I would buy a new one out of the mold.

JR131
    the stealth was made by pat macenturf in his garage with help from harold bruce it is a daytona top and a modified scorpion deck just to clarify things
    jr

allen in texas
    atxrangler,
    Thanks,
    I've never seen the website but it looks cool. I'l check it out.
    Summer, (and boating trips) are over for me this year.
    I'll keep it in mind for next year tho'
    I'm kinda getting tired of just going to Possum Kingdom all the time.
    (maybe) I'll have a fast boat next year.

cyclone
    the stealth was made by pat macenturf in his garage with help from harold bruce it is a daytona top and a modified scorpion deck just to clarify things
    jr
    Hey Jr,
    I'd like to hear more about mr. macenturf and your father's involvement in the stealth. I haven't heard that story yet.
    thanks.
    -mike

pce680
    jr
    The Stealth was made off my friend Bobby Zamba's Eliminator.Tommy designed the changes and did the work.Bobby was promised the first boat out ot the mold and never received it.I think Steve Strange was involved in the project also.If Pat Macenturf is the school teacher from Riverside,tell him he still owes Bobby a boat.

JR131
    i will have to pull some more of the story out of pops later on today to post later
    jr

Unchained
    They're all real nice boats and you can't go wrong with any of them.
    I talked to a racer who had a Cheyenne, crashed it and got a Stealth.
    Even though the Stealth ran in the 7's he said he liked the Cheyenne better.
    I had a Stealth and a Cheyenne too and I liked the Stealth better because of a couple inches more freeboard and a couple inches wider in the cockpit and the engine area. I'm a laker and not a racer.
    I have had a couple Eliminators and in my opinion they are the best quality built boat. The 21' Daytona I have now is my favorite boat of the six boats I've had.

Bense468
    D- All of the above.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast