Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheyenne, stealth, or daytona.

Johnwithjm
    I'll change that post then. damn rumor mill got it wrong again.
    Not a problem. See you this weekend.

jweeks123
    If you wanna race then the '21 is outta the question.whoa. "stretch limo" was a 21 daytona and it ran some low 8's in the qmile. hi 120's. single 4 barrel carb.
    jw

Aluminum Squirt
    I don't have all of the knowledge of these OG fiberglass guys here, but have you looked at a 21' Eagle tunnel? It's different, durable, fast, and nearly indestructable. Just thought I'd make one more try at turning somebody over to the aluminum side-Aluminum Squirt

vee-driven
    Since you guys are talkin about these boats, does anybody know anything about this boat i listed for sale in the spam section. It is my buddies boat and he says it's a 19' eliminater scorpion with a daytona bottom, looks to me alot like a cheyanne. It comes with a new legend pump complete with droop and hyd. diverter, the reason i ask is i bought my old blower motor of one of my other friends and have a complete spare motor to throw in something if noone buys the boat.
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...manater009.jpg

allen in texas
    I started looking at the cheyenne based on some info a friend of mine gave me and he too, said to make sure it had the correct bottom.
    As far as racing, I might be a weekend warrior but nothing official.
    They've started having play days at Lubbock and my brother runs a flat bottom there at about 96.
    I gotta outrun him.
    He says his boat accelerates harder than my tx-20 ever did and of course, the fight is on when he says that.
    Since I do want to cruise a bit, a 21 is starting to look pretty good.
    Shoot guys, I may never do anything but I've got this feeling in my gut so you never know.
    I just think a big motor, a big impeller, and a smallish boat would be killer.
    The cruise would be great. Low rpm High mph.
    Maybe not but it seems logical.
    Anyway, thanks.
    It kinda seems like I just need to pay my money and take my choice.

Unchained
    If you wanna race then the '21 is outta the question.
    Well I don't know about that, I picked up CONSIDERABLE performance with my 21' Daytona over the 19' Stealth.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist..........

cyclone
    I started looking at the cheyenne based on some info a friend of mine gave me and he too, said to make sure it had the correct bottom.
    As far as racing, I might be a weekend warrior but nothing official.
    They've started having play days at Lubbock and my brother runs a flat bottom there at about 96.
    I gotta outrun him.
    He says his boat accelerates harder than my tx-20 ever did and of course, the fight is on when he says that.
    Since I do want to cruise a bit, a 21 is starting to look pretty good.
    Shoot guys, I may never do anything but I've got this feeling in my gut so you never know.
    I just think a big motor, a big impeller, and a smallish boat would be killer.
    The cruise would be great. Low rpm High mph.
    Maybe not but it seems logical.
    Anyway, thanks.
    It kinda seems like I just need to pay my money and take my choice.
    Any one of those tunnels will make a great cruiser/racer if you dont want to put more than two people in the boat. If you set the boat up correctly to go fast then there wont be room for a back seat in a 19-foot Daytona, Cheyenne, Stealth.
    I put a lot of miles on mine on the weekends at the river and then have a blast with it at the race track. I know CS19 and quite a few others here do the same thing and have dual purpose boats.
    The 21 will work but it'll take big power to attain the same speeds. Marty Stretch' boat hauled but for a 21 Daytona but it had a big motor and a big shot of n20 to do it. A lot of R&D in the bottom and jet pump went into that boat as well to make it as fast as it was.

Moose
    allen in texas, Check your PM's
    Moose

Pops@Aggressor
    [QUOTE=QUOTE]I would go with the TPR Stelth over all. 19 if you are going to get serious, 21 if you want a good all around. Boat has a attitude due to design/built lift and down pressures. Follow it out Tom Papp -Wilders line of boats ,Cheyenne, Eliminator, Stelth Edge his hand print is all over all of them. I have been involved and advised 2 to go to it on capsule hulls. With power it gets real serious and I love the set the boat takes and keep's.
    If you are going to run the lower numbers and want a quick boat Cheyenne, Cal Performance, several others.
    All this gets to be a personal thing, Look at what one's don't get strupid, Launch and leave and I think attitude under hard power down the track. I do not like to see high flying boats, It leaves you that much less margin and some days wind/chop can be that margin. But looking at your choice on other thing's that you use to push the boat
    maybe a modified Bayline would work. "Im just Kidding here" So don't all my haters blow me out of the water. Its just a joke!!!

allen in texas
    I got your joke, ya big meanie.
    I have some questions. want to pm me some contact info?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast