Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flag etiquette

eliminatedsprinter
    Something keeps making me think of this subject as I read many of the posts on this forum lately???? Hmmmmm I wonder what it could be?????? Can anyone else out here tell my why?????:idea:

'75 Miller
    I know what you're saying (I think) but it doesn't bother me any.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Something keeps making me think of this subject as I read many of the posts on this forum lately???? Hmmmmm I wonder what it could be?????? Can anyone else out here tell my why?????:idea:
    ES,
    Sorry, I can't help you with this one.

eliminatedsprinter
    I know what you're saying (I think) but it doesn't bother me any.
    I'm not getting my shorts in a wad over it, but it is actually as big of a foux pas (to say the least) as flag burning.

'75 Miller
    Perhaps it is, technically, but I must respectfully disagree. Flag burning, to me, is a sign of complete and total disrespect or contempt. To my mind what we have here isn't nearly as disrespectful.

eliminatedsprinter
    Perhaps it is, technically, but I must respectfully disagree. Flag burning, to me, is a sign of complete and total disrespect or contempt. To my mind what we have here isn't nearly as disrespectful.
    I agree that while they are technically the same, this case is most likely not ment to be as disrespectful. Nevertheless it is disrepectful.:idea:
    Of course to apporx 11% of america what we have here most likely would seem even worse.
    Hmm I wonder if I'm going to get flamed, when the subject of this thred catches on.. I really just intend it as a bit of a good natured ribbing over a simple ettiquette faux pas.

'75 Miller
    Of course to apporx 11% of america what we have here most likely would seem even worse.
    Yeah, I'm sure you're right about that.

eliminatedsprinter
    Yeah, I'm sure you're right about that.
    Would you blame em???:idea:

'75 Miller
    Would you blame em???:idea:
    Of course not. But this is a boating website, not a rap "music" or basketball related site. So fortunately it's not likely to be an issue.
    I wouldn't do what's being done, with respect to the flag etiquette thing, but nor will I attempt to bring about the change.

eliminatedsprinter
    Of course not. But this is a boating website, not a rap "music" or basketball related site. So fortunately it's not likely to be an issue.
    Well "A Catered Life", "Aqua Boggie", "36 Ways to Spit", my Mrs (with the too long board name) and I guess even my son (at least half of him) etc do a bit of boating and they were in that 11% the last time I looked.
    Like I said, this is just ment to give one of our posters a bit of a good natured ribbing. As for making a change. That depends on how open minded and patriotic our fellow poster is. After all, if he is a patriot he might find a better way of making his point other than desecrating the flag.
    P.S. My son started H.S. this year and his basketball tryouts are late next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast