Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Factory Five Racing kit cars.

Jbb
    There are subtle differences in all the kits.....a good source for pictures to compare .....and lots of general information is at www.clubcobra.com

beaverretriever
    I've narrowed mine down to an ERA or a Factory Five. They both are nice, but I'm really leaning towards the ERA.
    ERA is a much better car.
    My father was a Kirkham and then a Shelby dealer. Both aluminum cars. He says that the ERA is bar far the best glass car out there.
    Please, PLEASE, make it look original. No bolt on wheels.
    If you have any questions, PM me.

Froggystyle
    ERA is a much better car.
    My father was a Kirkham and then a Shelby dealer. Both aluminum cars. He says that the ERA is bar far the best glass car out there.
    Please, PLEASE, make it look original. No bolt on wheels.
    If you have any questions, PM me.
    If I ever build one it gets an LS7, C5 suspension and Corvette rally wheels...

Jbb
    Mines kinda on the ...custom side ....as well....:jawdrop:

thatguy
    Hell Yes!!!
    Tommy

Dude! Sweet!
    Street cars or the challenge cars? My buddy has a couple of the FFR Challenge race cars. Really nice little race cars. Good looks, stout and affordable.

beaverretriever
    BTW, my dad was just a sales guy for the Kirkhams and Shelbys but he knows them inside out. Like I said, if you have any questions, I will pass them off to my father. He has a lot of connections and can send you in the right direction.

spectras only
    Friend of mine has built two Cobra kit cars .First one he sold to a friend of his for only 30 K , because the hassle he had with aircare , especially with carbed models . The engine was a 1992 5.0 L ,so he had to register the car as a 1992 .It had to meet 1992 EPA standards [ all cars had fuel injection by this time ] , and the max emissions were dropping every year .So he bought a Factory Five model , and put a 5.0 L fuel injected engine in it . He likes the F 5 model , because it has a deeper pan for tall guys . He's 6' + and he likes the fact that the windhield frame doesn't block his vision . Fit and finish is crap on most kit cars built by amateurs. He owns a body shop and he's pretty fussy . The F 5 he has now is for sale [ asking 40 K cdn ] because he has no time for it . He has a Jag XJR with only a few thou on it . He's favourite is his Caterham with the 2000 Toyota DOHC engine . Most local guys say the Factory 5 is the best for autocrossings .
    Here's his first Cobra , the F 5 is blue with white stripe .
    My kid in the car is going to be 18 in october . Where did time go ?:2purples:
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Tony'sCobra1jpeg.jpg

Baja Big Dog
    Cool to see a 460 fits
    http://www.verycoolparts.com/BigRedstart.AVI
    No sound sweeter than someone firing up a nice cold motor and winging it to 6 grand....YIKES!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12