Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Draft...

Boatcop
    I don't think we'll see any kind of draft. At least not in the traditional sense.
    Since the feminist movement fought for and won the "right" to be in combat units, (almost) any job in the Military is open to both genders. If a draft were reinstated, it would require that young women be drafted as well as young men.
    I say "almost", since I don't believe they allow females on Submarines. But that may have changed in the last couple of years.
    The Nation would be up in arms if we started conscripting our daughters into combat. I'd like to see the Feminazis back pedaling on that issue.
    I'm surprised no one has challenged the Constitutionality of the law requiring 18 year old males to register with Selective Service, while not requiring the same for females.

westair
    Draftees won World War II, but they understood that their enlistment would end when the war was over. In Vietnam, the troops were in a 12 month rotation, so you can hardly blame them for wanting to survive the year and go home. I wonder how that war would have gone if everyone shipped over there knew that they would be there until it was over?
    Despite Pearl Harbor, even WWII needed draftees, no matter what you saw in the old war movies.
    WW2 US Servicemen Profile (1941-1945) Volunteerism
    VOLUNTEERS
    6,332,000 volunteers
    17,955,000 men examined for induction
    6,420,000 rejected as unfit
    11,535,000 drafted
    SERVICE LENGTH
    33 months average service
    16.2 months served abroad
    A draft by lottery would also help the country decide if a war is really necessary.
    That was a long time ago when we needed the ground troops because thats
    how we fought wars then. What about our sophisticated weapon systems
    we have now from the air, sea. Send ground troops in for cleanup.

YeLLowBoaT
    one thing that has not come up yet, how many of the troups in Iraq are resever/ nat'l guard? How is thier training compared to active miltary?

SHOTKALLIN
    I vote for the bomb. you cant win a war against islamic fundamentalist without killing them all. Do the job right the first time.

ElimJimsOtherHalf
    A draft would straighten out some of these punk gangsters we have to put up with .:sqeyes:
    I have a 20-year old son in college ..... great kid, with everything in life to look forward to.

Kilrtoy
    Both. Mandatory service (like Israel) then a draft should it be necessary.
    The miliitary is S_T_R_E_T_C_H_E_D big time thanks to Clintons drastic downsizing (almost 50% for the Army).
    Vietnam was a fiasco as a result of the politicians trying to run the war, not to the mention the propaganda that was being spewed out of the universities and is still being taught.
    It's a shame. Many kids nowadays have inherited their parents' negative mindset about serving the country through military service.
    BEST POST YET...
    CLINTON KILLED THIS COUNTRY..
    YES HE DID

'75 Miller
    It REALLY sucks that our military is under such a strain. I feel for them and their families. But a draft would be a fiasco at this point. Too many of our younger generation lack the BALLS it would take to serve.

Kachina 34
    Too many of our younger generation lack the BALLS it would take to serve.

What generation do you think is serving right now?:jawdrop:

SmokinLowriderSS
    i think it should be automatic like in israel,turn 18,do 2 years.of course canadas population will increase again.
    That is OK. Every 20 years some Democrat President will pardon them all. :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    one thing that has not come up yet, how many of the troups in Iraq are resever/ nat'l guard? How is their training compared to active miltary?
    The equip. and training USED to be inferior.
    It is not any longer.
    My unit has first rate equipment, and we try VERY HARD to maintain proficiencies within the 39 days we get a year to train.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast