Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Performance Carb

Carnivalride
    Did a little follow up on your recommendations. Never heard from one of the referred shops posted. The other was way over the top for what I was looking for ($1500-$1700). That's fine, it's what he does, just more than what I need for my carb. Spoke with Randy from the Carb Shop in Ontario. Seems knowledgable, pretty reasonable cost wise. How important is flowing a carb on a bench. He said they pretty much know what your set up requires based on the info ( heads, cam, CR...etc) you provide. Every carb does not get flowed based on your needs, but does get run on their dyno motor following the blueprint. Anyone with experience with this shop?
    They (Carb Shop) flowed my 850 to a 990 several years ago. I had run this carb for 3 seasons and had it the best I could. When I got it back it ran better but wasn't right. They changed my accelerator pump cams and discharge nozzle sizes and it didn't respond as well. After I went back to my baseline and made a couple of small adjustments that was fine. I had to lean my jetting on the primary side (82s - 80s) and drill the primary butterfly holes 1 or 2 sizes larger. They left the holes I had in my butterflies alone but after they flowed it my idle screws (primary only) didn't really affect the idle.
    Overall the carb had much better driveability but it was not a bolt on and go run your best numbers kinda deal. Can't tell you what my ET difference was because I didn't have enough runs prior for a good average but it was only about a 1/10th.
    Good luck,
    Loren

WETTE VETTE
    I have always used Nickerson Performane for marine carbs. Dean is the man to speak with.
    Craig

RICHARD TILL
    Barry Grant or Gary Williams does good work. They`ve got a lot of carbs. on winning boats. Prices are salty too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12