Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are all outboards slow???

Hal
    Blown 472:
    I was just talking to my office mate and he was telling me there is some guys that will run wide open across rough water for 2 and a half hours to get a prime spot in a tourny then turn around and do it agian on the way back, no thanks. Thats why the don't use jet boats in fishing tournaments. If you was to run WOT for 2 1/2 hrs you would be 2 or 3 states away. But in an OB you would just be up the lake 10 or 15 miles.

Phat_Kat
    MikeC:
    Hey, from my side of the fence, you Wackaa's are loosing ground!
    http://members.cox.net/realjetboats/.../rjbvideo.html
    It's fun to be a web master!
    correct me if I'm wrong but that O/B is a V-bottom. O/B's really shine on a tunnel not a V.

572Daytona
    That's an Allison....great for catching bass. Once you get up on the pad it doesn't matter if it is a V or Tunnel

HavasuBarney
    MAXIMUS:
    572Daytona:
    No carpet in YouTe's boat...it is too hard to get the fish blood and scales out after the tournament. Not to mention the risk of getting your favorite Jig 'N' Pig snagged LMAO!!!!!
    Ever notice how all the jet guys have the humor, & the strappers are always uptight & threatning! Ya know, I never noticed that Maxi! Fishin IS serious bizness ya know! wink
    MikeC, too funny! Your gonna make Wicky spend some $$ with that one!
    Phat Kat, those Allisons are the worlds fastest hull design, it would spank your your Sleek. He and I run pretty close, I have a tunnel AND 100 more HP.

sorry dog
    Thats why the don't use jet boats in fishing tournaments. If you was to run WOT for 2 1/2 hrs you would be 2 or 3 states away Yeah - looking for tanker truck that will take your pre-approved diner's club gas card. It's hard to go fishin when your gas bill is more than that shiney new Roland Martin Crank Bait.
    BTW - does that jet boat spanking Wicky's stock fishing motor ally have a warranty?

MAXIMUS
    Absoulutly!!! Jack at MPD will fix our stuff for free as long as we keep smakin the wackas!!!
    Life time warrenty!!!

Hallett19
    Mark one up for the pump guys !!! That jet must be hauling ass right there, allisons are some seriously fast boats.

Forkin' Crazy
    Trailer Park Casanova:
    The '94 and '95 Evinrude v6 outboards had several problems.
    Wrong carbs installed at the factory, incorrect stampings on the props,, the 24's are really 28's which causes a real dissapointment in performance,, but ya can't figure why.
    Also and mostly,, if ya have hard starting problems,, the igniton/timing plate may be defective.
    Replace with a new one and you'll be amazed at the change in cold start ease.
    Just my free advice that's worth what ya paid for it.
    No question, the 2 strokes are the fastest on the water,, but Huyndai quality, and astronomical repair costs,, coupled with a sound as romantic as a weedeater,,, I've finally, after 30 years,, switched to the big block Merc's.
    But god bless all of you that have them,, and you have my respect,,, No ones sunk more money into high performance 2 strokes than this kid,,, and the FI Merc's with all their "iffy" performing smog devices has cured me forever.
    The 2 cycle Merc may polute less than the 4 strokes,, but the payback is in intermitteant performance quality.
    One day great,, the next,, as atmosphereic pressure falls, or the air temp rises, your performance goes south. HAHAHA! and this comes from a guy that lives in at best..... a Fleetwood...LOL!

You Te
    I love carpet and anything that add weight to my boat,its a ride thing. I love trolling at 100 plus MPH. **** the tackle box, I just hook the jigs right to the carpet. Later boy's, I'm off the work on my live well.
    You Te

Forkin' Crazy
    Have fun you tea are.... eek!
    I had to fix my livewell last week!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast