Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ever help people at Site 6?

beaverretriever
    I don't know if it is me, or if anyone else feels this way but I couldn't just sit there, laugh, point and take photos. I feel bad for some of these folks that really struggle to get their boat on the trailer, back up, unload, whatever it may be.
    Does anyone ever help some of these people?
    Don't get me wrong, some of the photos are very funny, and some of these people deserve what happens to them, but many are just people trying to have fun that may not be the best at loading and unloading.

Froggystyle
    I help them. Every time. I might only get to help a couple a day while I am launching and retrieving, but I always lend a hand or give some advice to folks who are struggling...
    I have never understood the mentality of a heckler, and honestly, when I see people doing it that I know, I think less of them for it.
    Some of the folks on here have gotten down and lent a hand that I know of, but they are the minority. Mostly, it is taking pictures of someone elses misfortune.
    If that energy was spent being part of the solution, we would have a lot more good boaters out there.

Jbb
    Seawall! :jawdrop:

Ziggy
    I haven't only because I don't go there

yopengo
    Posted in other thread.....
    We went for the first time last Saturday after an early dinner at Angelina’s. I wanted to see what the big deal was. I saw some cool boats up close, some idiots that were wasted and some pros that were really skilled. I was not there five minutes before getting up to help a lady back up her trailer after she messed up three times. I could not sit there and watch and not help. If anyone of them needed help I would be there to do so. I did not care that there were others not doing anything. It’s just my nature to lend a helping hand.
    Will I go back….yes, it was free entertainment. No one got injured, no one killed…. just clean fun. Will I go help anyone that needed it…absolutely.

phebus
    No, they are a bunch of sexually frustrated people that get off on other peoples misfortunes, and then go in a bathroom stall and tap their foot until they get someone to finish off their wonderfull day.

shippingguy
    I help them. Every time. I might only get to help a couple a day while I am launching and retrieving, but I always lend a hand or give some advice to folks who are struggling...
    I have never understood the mentality of a heckler, and honestly, when I see people doing it that I know, I think less of them for it.
    Some of the folks on here have gotten down and lent a hand that I know of, but they are the minority. Mostly, it is taking pictures of someone elses misfortune.
    If that energy was spent being part of the solution, we would have a lot more good boaters out there.
    Well said Wes. I would rather help out and show somebody what to do so the next time they do not struggle as well as mess up somebody elses boat or my boat if they just so happen to be launching next to me. Nobody here was an expert at launching and retrieving when they started. We have all needed help at one time or another.
    Mike

Wet Dream
    How about the other side of things? Doesn't anyone that might be having a little trouble ever swallow their ego and ask for a hand? Some people act too proud to say "Hey, can you give me a hand, please"? Those simple words go a LONG way. Follwed up with a simple Thank you. For me, I'm usually the guy that jumps in and helps, unless its one of those guys thats too cool for the room. Then its so much more fun to break out the camera and enjoy the scene play out.

yopengo
    No, they are a bunch of sexually frustrated people that get off on other peoples misfortunes, and then go in a bathroom stall and tap their foot until they get someone to finish off their wonderfull day.
    I can finish myself off just fine thank you.

shippingguy
    How about the other side of things? Doesn't anyone that might be having a little trouble ever swallow their ego and ask for a hand? some people act too proud to say "Hey, can you give me a hand, please"? Those simple words go a LONG way. Follwed up with a simple Thank you.
    That is true, but I would rather just jump out and help than wait for the person to swallow that pride and it be too late.
    Mike

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast