Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What will 10K buy in the form of a jet boat?

YOUNG
    I am getting ready to sell my Corvette and will be in the market for a jet boat. I have owned a stern drive boat before with a big block, but never a jet boat. I am looking to spend around $10,000 on a boat. The major requirement is that the boat must have a Chevy big block. What brand, hull, pump etc. should I look for. I have never even rode in a jet boat before, so I know nothing about them. Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thanks

QuickJet
    I am possibly getting ready to sell my Corvette and will be in the market for a jet boat. I have owned a stern drive boat before with a big block, but never a jet boat. I am looking to spend around $10,000 on a boat. The major requirement is that the boat must have a Chevy big block. What brand, hull, pump etc. should I look for. I have never even rode in a jet boat before, so I know nothing about them. Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thanks
    Hit up Vdrivenman man on the boards. He's got a nice Youngblood Tx19 gullwing that hauls ass. Roller BBC etc. He's in Texas
    Here is the link to Gary's ad:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162185

YOUNG
    Seems alittle steep on the price to me.

QuickJet
    Seems alittle steep on the price to me.
    How much would you expect to pay for a Gullwing Youngblood with a roller bbc ready to go?

ol guy
    Tell me more about the corvette, Jet boats are a learning deal. Been around jet boats since 1972. Lots of fun and i'f you know what your'e doing will go fast in a short distance.

Saab
    Thats a pretty hard deal to beat. There is a huge difference between a 4k boat and a 8k boat

BOOGEYMAN
    Thats a pretty hard deal to beat. There is a huge difference between a 4k boat and a 8k boat
    x2!!
    Young...you have a pm!
    Travis

vdrivenman
    QJ thanks for the bump.
    maybe he just don't want that much boat !!! but for an original yb gullwing capable of low 90's i think it is a fair price!
    he himself stated he knew "nuthin" about them!

ck7684
    Depends on what you're looking for in a boat...I've got about 10K just into my engine alone, but thats way more than I paid for the whole boat when I originally bought it...
    What are you intending to do with the boat? How fast do you want to go? Will you be hauling family/friends around? Towing skiers/tubers? Need more info...

PE826
    I have a Tx-18 tunnel hull that is in perfect condition for sale in the SPAM section, I could have it ready to run for around 10k.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast