Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street Legal CRF450X??

75 spectra V-drive
    Is it possible to reigster a 2006 CRF currently green stickered in CA to street legal in AZ with baja designs kit??

2Driver
    Brake light, squeaky horn, light over lic. plate ( which can be the rear running lamp used for the brake light, Rear view mirror.
    I am running a WR450 on the street. BTW: Don't take it to MVD instead use Sierra title service in PHX for $35. They will handle it all by mail.

TOBTEK
    I have done ALL the research on this one. you may get a plate from Ca...but it will get recalled! you can find some pre 2003 crf's and yzf's that are grandfatherd in and can retain the street plate. OR walk into your local KTM dealer and buy a 07 450 EXCG, street legal off the showroom floor.

riverracerx
    If you could CA plate them I would have a 250X in my garage tomorrow!

Baja Big Dog
    I now of a few plated (ca) 450's, no problems..no recalls....

75 spectra V-drive
    I only need the plates to ride in the mammoth lakes area, my plan is to get the plates in AZ then next year transfer to CA.will this work?

75 spectra V-drive
    I now of a few plated (ca) 450's, no problems..no recalls....
    How did you do it?

Baja Big Dog
    How did you do it?
    Orange County Honda...

SummerBreeze
    I only need the plates to ride in the mammoth lakes area, my plan is to get the plates in AZ then next year transfer to CA.will this work?
    FYI
    Mammoth is just a few miles south of where I live
    It's been raining for the past fews days on and off. Should make for some great riding

TOBTEK
    My dad has a 450X with Cali plates on it. He did exactly what you are asking about. He put the Baja Designs kit on it and registered it in AZ for a year then transfered it over to Cali plates with no problem.
    Baja Designs is just down the street from my house, I have stopped in a few days recently about this EXACT set-up. Was going to buy a brandnew 450x and make it Ca streetable. You probably will get the street plate, BUT Baja said MANY people recently have had their plates revoked back. I wont take that risk...to much money for a bike I wouldnt want if it didnt have street plates. BUT go ahead if you dont believe the people that make the street kits, big risk in my book. Wish Honda or Yamaha would set up and make something like the KTM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast