Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Street Legal CRF450X??

riverracerx
    Just stay off the freeway and you will be fine!

stoker_sst
    I have a 250X Arizona plated. It was very easy. I didn't have a dual sport kit on it at the time it was plated. The Arizona DMV will have you sign a document that state that when you put it on the street you will have a head light, brake light, horn and I believe a mirror and proof of insurance. My bike was purchased in California, so I continued to pay the green sticker, so I could ride it without the dual sport kit legally in California. Mine is for sale if anyone is interested.

BALLSDEEP
    I only need the plates to ride in the mammoth lakes area, my plan is to get the plates in AZ then next year transfer to CA.will this work?
    I was up there with friends for a week in July and we had a blast. I borrowed a plate for my bike. Not the smartest thing and obviously risky but it looked legit for the few times we were on the highway. There is a ton of riding up there really only needed the plate for June Lake (Tiger Bar) and Lee Veining area. It was REALLY dusty when we went but if it has rained like someone else mentioned the riding should be awesome.
    I have a friend with a street legal X and we are all wondering how long he will get to keep the plate...
    Seems like a pretty stupid law, the state of CA could gain lots of revenue by allowing these bike to be converted and registered as street legal but they want nothing to do with it. I am sure the hippy granola eaters don’t want anymore pollution or more dirt stirred up either.

Sportin' Wood
    June Lake (Tiger Bar)
    Love that bar. The walk home from there is not very pleasent.

Lavey5150
    My XR 650 is plated in AZ, they dont care if you have D/S gear on it, they just check the VIN to make sure it's legit, as long as it is in a non emissions county- Phoenix/Havasu........You could probably transfer to Ca, but why risk it, just use an AZ address...........

75 spectra V-drive
    Thanks for all the info guys. I was riding up in mammoth last weekend, It was bitchen. I think the best thing to do is register it for street in AZ and keep the CA green sticker, just put the AZ plate on when nessasary.

75 spectra V-drive
    P.S. tiger bar is awsome

Havasu Carrera
    450 sx six speed AZ lic 3 years NO hastles at all. Just don't be a idiot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12