Thread: Vacumm Pumps??

widowmaker
    Who's running them, pro and cons. I like the idea of running low tension rings. Any feedback would be great. I know nothing about them except about the rings.

steelcomp
    Who's running them, pro and cons. I like the idea of running low tension rings. Any feedback would be great. I know nothing about them except about the rings.
    Try doing a search. Theres tons of info here on vac pumps

WannabeRacing
    This one was from just a few days ago.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...t=vacuum+pumps
    You may want to do some searching and asking about with the low tension rings. If this is anything less than a full race application, or will come apart very often, I am not sure why you would want that. Especially on gasoline. But the vacuum pump will help them.
    Good luck with the search.

Uh interesting!!! Didn't know this was an application for the river??? Don't think you would even notice the HP gains. I think a good pan evac would be good enough. I know where they tell you to put the bungs is not a good position. It pressurized at there location. Moved it back more, about 2" from the end of collector. Worked great then!!! Never had any oil problems after that!!!!

WannabeRacing
    Yeah, I am not really sure about running it on a vehicle that sees lots of hours. It seems most valuable for racing applications. But I guess I need to open my mind to other possibilities. I have seen people do it on endurance applications with success. Actually, some cars from the factory come with an electric unit that pulls 2 inches. You see a little better oil control, and no leaks. I do know that there are 100 more ways to make that money spent make more horsepower. But who am I to say that it will not work.
    I won't run one on my lake boat. Does not mean that others should not.

I agree!!!