Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooker Boat Headers question

ricktuttle
    I have a set of Hooker Headers OT chrome twisty headers on my boat and the finish is looking really blued. I have been thinking about having them recoated with something that looks good but holds up better than chrome when run dry occaisionally for full throttle blasts. I think we bought these headers from Summit Racings marine dept. about 15 years ago or so but they can't give me any info on recoating them nor can anyone else. Does anyone know of a good place or have any suggestions? I believe they are made out of the same material as Basset header but the flanges are stainless steel on my Hookers.

BrendellaJet
    have them jet hot coated. Where do you live?

Rewarder headers, does "any brand" header recoating, prices are on the website. Rewarder Headers (http://www.rewarderheaders.com)
    Sleek

ricktuttle
    Thanks for the link sleekcrafter.
    I am at home in Grand Prarie, Tx visiting right now before I ship back out to the sandbox, but I am trying to get a few things done to the boat while I am here so that I can hopefully enjoy it when I return in late August.

moneysucker
    I would go to rewarder unless you want them to look like you painted them with gray primer then by all means use Jet hot, their coatings are not rated for the heat of running dry.

ricktuttle
    Thanks

NUTDRAW
    Hello - I have a set of Glenwood through transome wet headers. These are two pieces headers with a water jacket. Does anyone know where i can find the gaskets that fit between the log and the snail shell?

NJBA Donut Club
    I would go to rewarder unless you want them to look like you painted them with gray primer then by all means use Jet hot, their coatings are not rated for the heat of running dry.
    How stupid are you, Jet Hot has coated more headers in one month than Rewarder will coat in a lifetime. The last time I checked, Jet Hot coated car headers weren't using water injection and they survive just fine with very high EGT's from a variety of applications.

BrendellaJet
    How stupid are you, Jet Hot has coated more headers in one month than Rewarder will coat in a lifetime. The last time I checked, Jet Hot coated car headers weren't using water injection and they survive just fine with very high EGT's from a variety of applications.
    Bullshiat! :argue: They fade, fast too! :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast