Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 72 Kona Project

NautiII
    Here are a few pics of the project boat I am working on. doing the work as I have time. just painted the motor, a 455 Olds. in the process of putting it back together now. I will post pics as I progress. should start on the body next week. not sure on the color scheme. either the same blue as my truck, with white stripe, or white with blue stripe. not sure yet. open to suggestions. be patient with me on the pics. I only get to work on it about 1 day a week.

NautiII
    dont know why the pics did not post!!

n8dawg
    Just curious. Where did you pick that boat up at? I had a friend with a Kona, same colors as yours but it had a 454 in it.
    Cool boat! Keep on with the pics. How much for thoughs headers?
    Late

FINALLY!Another boat like Mine.
    I have that same hull,only a '75 and same gell scheme,except blue and white.
    I have been searching high and low for someone else with one,hopping to see different paint scheems,but no luck.
    Mine has a jaquzzie pump,and am building a 454 stroker(489)for it.
    What condition is You'r gell coat in.Mine has some gell splits/crazzing,that Iwant to fix in the worst way,but I thinkI am Going to use it this season and repaint next winter.
    Do You know what the modle is called,I was told it is a Kona Tiger hull,but don't know if that is true or not.
    Any way here is a few pics of Mine ,minus the motor.
    Cool project,keep us posted....Hal http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...na_006-med.jpg

n8dawg
    The older Kona's are nice boats. Grew up with our families '72 Kona ski boat with a 150hp merc outboard. Back in the day ( 1980's ) that boat was known to beat a few jet boats!

Bradf
    Nice lookin' boat HolorinHal! Good luck on your project Nauti! Should be tons of fun, lots of cursing, and from my experience plenty of hammering! haha

NautiII
    I bought the boat from a friend here in Chandler. has a 455 olds, some head work done, roller rockers, cam, etc.. thinking about going solid blue. same as the motor. jury still out on that one. carpet is now all out. building new wood for the seats. looking for an upholsterer. I am buying all materials. just looking for someone to sew. I dont know what the model is. all I know is that it is a 72 Kona. Headers are Bassett twisties. I think they run about $800.00 my last boat was a 26' Regal, so this is all new to me. it has a Jacuzzi jet with diverter. will post more as I get it done! suggestions welcome!!
    Thanks Devilman!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast