Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: remember when you had a pos boat

Tom Brown
    Tom do you remember when you stepped up how much friendlier everyone became to you knowing that you were at least a semi baller, or at the very least had some home equity baller status?
    Oh yes, I remember it well.
    I'll never go back to depending on personality as my only likeability factor again. Now that I think about it, it's a wonder I wasn't banned from this site for flagrant poverty and complete lack of materialism.

cougarcat
    I remember my first boat well. Purchased a 1987 Stratos VT 200 with a Mariner 220 EFI for $6600 back in 1991. The hull was what is referred to as a Mod VP (I believe)....tunnels cut into a vee hull. It ran great(low 70's)and served us well for 2-3 years. Had next to no repairs or issues and sold it for $6100. Those were the days!
    I guess it would seem like a pos now but compared to what my current rig costs to run/insure I could definately get used to low/no cost boating!

Gizmo
    It take me 2 hours to blow up mine now I got non

Baja Big Dog
    AHHH a 14ft Sears with a 10 hp outboard. Me a bro, shitfaced,a cooler full of beer, headin out of the breakwater in Newport, fishin for perch with frozen peas...WOW we dont know how we survived!!!

BadKachina
    The simple days of owning a Bass Tracker. I don't think I ever wiped that thing down........

3 daytona`s
    AHHHn a 14ft Sears with a 10 hp oputboard. Me a bro, shitfaced,a cooler full of beer, headin out of the breakwater in Newport, fishin for perch with frozen peas...WOW we dont know how we survived!!!
    anything on a bro:idea:

nodigg
    I remember going to the boat show with HeavyD in the 80's and telling him I wanted a pontoon boat. He was So embarrased he would hide in the corner till I came down off those things. Now HE wants one like all theother retroverts.

soulboater#1
    I still have mine. Bought it for $1800 put some $$ into and love it!!! will beach that biatch anywhere anytime and I got it to spend quality time with the kids and the wifey. A PRICELESS POS!! AND THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.

Redwing247
    It's not a piece of shit, it is a shitbox. Get it right will ya.:devil:
    And RD sux

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123