Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picklefork Vs V Bottom Pro'-cons?

I've Always Wanted A Pickle (19-21') But Have Never Even Had A Chance To Ride In One. Just Wondering If Anyone Had Any Input, Ride Ect. The One I'm Lookin At Is A 19' Nordic Any Input On That Particular Hull Or Pickles In General Would Be Appreciated.

IMPATIENT 1
    apples to oranges a v bottom will take a beatin on the lake, a tunnel will dish em out
    there's a couple nordic tunnel in my neck o woods, they look to ride nice from what i can tell. we were goin 90+ and bouncing alittle, the guys in the nordic weren't

Are You Saying The Tunnell Rides Poorly(beats You Like A Flat Bottom) ,or They Just Kick A$$.(faster Cause They're Draggin Less Boat In The Water) I've Read The Larger Ones Run Across The Chop Instead Of Through. But Wasn't Sure About A 19-21'?

sstjet
    v bottom advantages Tunnel advantages: faster, more efficient, ride better, and look better
    P.S. I have owned a v bottom, a mod v, and now a picklefork!!

O.k. You Talked Me Into It. Tom If Your Out There. If I Find Say A 19' Nordic That Was Rigged 4 An Out Board, You Could Put A Jet In That 4 Me Right?

HBjet
    Get a gullwing and have the best of both... Best river boat imo hands down.

v bottom advantages Tunnel advantages: faster, more efficient, ride better, and look better
    P.S. I have owned a v bottom, a mod v, and now a picklefork!!
    A gullwing will leave harder and be quicker in the first 800 ft where most river races are won. On the track, the tunnel will run em down. I have ridden in heavier gullwings that are very smooth. It's been said many times, but once again the 19' gullwing is really hard to beat when you are looking for the best of both worlds.

Aren't Those Considered A Modified Tunnell? I'm Confused. I've Never Seen The Hull On Something Like That In Person. (or A PIC).

Saab
    I have a 19' nordic tunnel. Good boat. I bought mine rigged for a river boat. It has a boost gauge in the dash and used to be a center steer race boat. Its got a 468 9:1, It gps' at 68 with two people, it is in serious need of a droop and longer ride plate. I think once it was rigged for a river boat they took off the droop so it would run wetter and be more stable? All in all im happy with it. I was told its a 450lb layup and most of the nordics were around there out of the mold.

vdrivenman
    if you should decide for a nordic tunnel there is one for sale w or w/o power here in east Texas and i have a youngblod tx 19 gullwing w power for sale also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast