Thread: oil temp ???

eliminator1974
    I dont know if i need to worrie but my oil temp is running around 210 when im into the throttle. it just started about 2 hours ago on the motor. the motor was just rebuilt and when it was geting broke in the temp never went over 180 at full throttle. the water temp is around 150. the motor is a 575 with a 10-71 blower and super chiller. is this temp normal and why did it all asudden start rising like this. Before it was rebuilt the oil temp never went over 145-150 so im getten alittle worried

DMOORE
    Check out the thread in gear heads. 140 it too . Needs to be over 210 to burn off the condensation. 215-230 is about perfect.
    Darrell.

Havasu Hangin'
    My oil temps rose when the impeller was going south (pieces in the cooler).

ghittner
    1st, make sure you are not lean for some reason. Warmer oil is the thing you will see first unless you can measure your air/fuel ratio. Did you change to a new fuel? Bad gas?? Plugged Jets? Stuck float? Change your timing lately? That's where I would start because you can melt something in a big hurry. 210 is not bad, I run around there to 230 when I'm really in it. Change is bad, find out what it is before you go lighting your hair on fire too much.

Boostedballs
    Is this the exact same kind of oil you used before?
    If so, I wonder if the added iron from the cylinder walls breaking in might be causing this. Iron has a higher thermal coefficient than oil does.:idea:

84 cougar
    High Oil temp is a good another indicator of bearings going bad. However, at 210*, I dont feel thats the case. I trey and run mine between 195-220. Just my opinion. Good Luck. Jocko