Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 496-on Pump Gas?

lifter
    Can you show me in my post where I say anything about duration?
    I believe your exact reference was to "over camming" the engine. What would your definition of "overcamming" be??

I believe your exact reference was to "over camming" the engine. What would your definition of "overcamming" be??
    You have my phone number Bob.

Quite A Few People Have Told Me Chris Is The Man. I Don't Think I'm Ever Going To Be Happy Without A Blower. Having Said That If I Could Spin An- Aa Into The 80's-to 90 Range Without The Expense (blower 2 Carbs Ect) I'd Do It. Thanks All.

lifter
    You have my phone number Bob.
    Correct. I was simply refering to your definition of "overcamming" on Speedtalk where you had this exchange:
    Cstraub:
    "IMO opinino, the better the heads the less the camshaft. Most cam companies way over cam these heads and it just makes for lazy rpming engines. I cammed a 360 Sprint years ago when the new All Pro head was out. Engine did not make the suspected power, number were reall good. Dyno guy was a customer of mine, he called me. . I had ground something 20 degrees smaller…………"
    The response was:
    cstraub wrote:
    I had ground something 20 degrees smaller and we picked up 60HP and 80#/ft of torque and flattened the torque curve by 800 rpm.
    I just got off the phone with French Grimes about his upcoming interview and he made it clear he thinks overcamming is a big problem. In fact, just about everyone that's been on the show and commented on cams has said the same thing. I think it shows missing the duration numbers on the high side is a lot more harmful than missing them on the low side. Reminds me of shift points.

I'm In A 18' Tahati Panther Energizer B Cut.
    well you may want to reconsider this portion of your deal as well, if those are the speeds your after

Correct. I was simply refering to your definition of "overcamming" on Speedtalk where you had this exchange:
    Cstraub:
    "IMO opinino, the better the heads the less the camshaft. Most cam companies way over cam these heads and it just makes for lazy rpming engines. I cammed a 360 Sprint years ago when the new All Pro head was out. Engine did not make the suspected power, number were reall good. Dyno guy was a customer of mine, he called me. . I had ground something 20 degrees smaller…………"
    The response was:
    cstraub wrote:
    I had ground something 20 degrees smaller and we picked up 60HP and 80#/ft of torque and flattened the torque curve by 800 rpm.
    I just got off the phone with French Grimes about his upcoming interview and he made it clear he thinks overcamming is a big problem. In fact, just about everyone that's been on the show and commented on cams has said the same thing. I think it shows missing the duration numbers on the high side is a lot more harmful than missing them on the low side. Reminds me of shift points.

Hi Guys. Gn7 I Could Buy Another Impeller? I Guess Asking For A Specific Mph. Is Pretty Vague(spelling) Sorry. JUST READ IT AGAIN GN7 ,ALL I CAN SAY IS I'M WORKIN ON IT.(21' DAYTONA)

motormonkey
    I understand what chris is saying on the "over camming" for altitude. Go with the blower and you will be happier.

steelcomp
    I believe your exact reference was to "over camming" the engine. What would your definition of "overcamming" be??Not to speak for Chris, but my guess is that he's referring to over-camming in comparison to an ideal grind, which, as stated in further posts (and I completely agree) is typically WAY smaller than most "experts" will tell you is "ideal". I'd say Chris' idea of "overcamming" this engine would still be under-cammed in most people's opinion.
    I also know you're noy gpoing to drag him into a pissing match about this.

steelcomp
    Cstraub:
    The response was:
    cstraub wrote:
    This post makaes no sense at all except to say it sounds like someone has an axe to grind, pulling a thread from another website to make a pointless point. (Don dosen't let you get away with much of this kind of stuff on speedtalk, does he.)
    Please keep what's on Speed Talk, on Speed Talk.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast