Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Outboards vs car motors

Kim Hanson
    Maximus..go into Bench Racer and find Speed-Kim Hanson and last page bottom,look about 3/4 of the way down and Tom Brown did some videos of it this summer.It just didn't last long this summer over stupid little shit......( . )( . )...

You Te
    Maximus,
    The beauty of n2o is you don't have to use it all the time. So the motors can last. I have friends that run Merc drag motors and n2o, and they generally get about 4 seasons before they need a rebuild.
    Kim,
    Our home board has been a little wild this last week huh.
    You Te

MAXIMUS
    You Te & Kim... I know what you are saying & I agree! However we would not be having fun with out some friction. I have run gas on my cars & it is with out a doubt a very good tool! My main reason for stating that I have never found a fast outboard was not to talk smack. I really thought that "most" outboards were screamers! You can imagine beating a "fast looking" outboard with a good running jet & being suprised. I never lost a race & I'm talking top end. Now I'm not saying all outboards are slow. It just seems that I should have been spanked & never was? Kim I'm sure your boat is a very good running boat! You Te or Uncle Tom Your boat is apperantly a screamer! It sounds very impressive! You also know what it takes to make it happen! Not an overnight project huh? lol Hats off to anybody willing to spend the time & dedication on their piece. Puts you a notch above the guy at the boat dealer with a check book in hand!

MAXIMUS
    Kim I saw the page with all the pictures. Is there a video in there?? I Looked but didn't see anything??

Kim Hanson
    You Te..it sure has been crazy around there and it don't look like it is going to stop for awhile...( . )( . )........
    Maximus..yes about 3/4 the way down on the left side it is a picture, just click on it.............( . )( . )........

You Te
    Maximus,
    There are some fast stock outboards out there, not very many on the west coast.
    A lot of guys talk about 100+ mph boats, and while it is true 100 mph is 100 mph but the first one that gets there is the winner, at least in a drag type race.
    You may have raced outboard guys that had big props for top end and if you had a strong jet with a drag race type impeller and could only top out in the 80's then you beat them.
    It's true, not all outboard's are quick and fast and not all jet's are quick and fast, however there are those few recreational Jet's and outboards that are worthy of the 100+ 1/4 mile runs.
    We all know Jet's make 170 mph pass, but I've yet to see one running up and down the rivers or lakes, what I'm saying is yes, jets can kick an outboards ass in the 1/4 mile, but that's a full race and on the track type thing.
    You Te wink

MAXIMUS
    True..True!!! Well its kinda sad now.... that the chit has to stop?? It was fun! I guess we all can "just get along". I will have to start spending more time at havasu barney I guess? Seems like all the real racers are there?
    Also uncle tom how often do you get to parker??
    Do you go during winter??

Kim Hanson
    that the chit has to stop?? It was fun! I guess we all can "just get along".
    This is getting along I thought, now you guys have me all ****ed up...LMAO...( . )( . )...

You Te
    Maximus,
    Sometimes I go to Parker or Havasu in the winter.
    I do testing at Lake Elsinore year round and sometimes Puddingstone.
    Kim, did you get the motor fixed yet?
    You Te

Kim Hanson
    Ya, just have to go get it and I'am going this next weekend to get it. How is your boat doing?........( . )( . )........ wink