Thread: Another 4.3L Question

Some Kind Of Monster
    The motor in my moms 99 GMC Jimmy (4.3L) overheated and blew so we bought another used 99 Jimmy motor from a junk yard and I installed it. Upon first crank the motor started and ran for +- 10 minutes. I shut it off and tried restarting. It will catch and shut right off now. Upon checking fuses the Crank, B/U, and Oxysen fuses are blown and continue to blow when replaced. What should I check to fix the problem? Thanks!
    On a side note I am sick and tired of working on these 4.3L motors and I went looking for a new truck today. Unfortunately I still have to fix my moms...

Daytona100
    The motor in my moms 99 GMC Jimmy (4.3L) overheated and blew so we bought another used 99 Jimmy motor from a junk yard and I installed it. Upon first crank the motor started and ran for +- 10 minutes. I shut it off and tried restarting. It will catch and shut right off now. Upon checking fuses the Crank, B/U, and Oxysen fuses are blown and continue to blow when replaced. What should I check to fix the problem? Thanks!
    On a side note I am sick and tired of working on these 4.3L motors and I went looking for a new truck today. Unfortunately I still have to fix my moms...
    Did you get any wires between the engine and trans. Pretty easy to get wires behind the trans bellhousing and grounding them out. Good luck. Mike

Some Kind Of Monster
    Did you get any wires between the engine and trans. Pretty easy to get wires behind the trans bellhousing and grounding them out. Good luck. Mike
    I thought I might have pinched some wires between the bellhousing and the firewall, but I can see back there with a flashlight and they look good. I'm going to run a continuity check tonight. I'm really getting sick of this project