Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injected Bassett Temp Question?

Cas
    here's a pic of an old set I had. You can see the water fittings on the collectors, they should be open into the pipes-
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/headers1.jpg
    You shouldn't have a valve on the dump side to the collectors. The valve needs to be on the side bafore the Bassett tee and yes, that's the one you adjust to the proper rpm. The Bassett tee works off water pressure not temp. I doubt you have enough air in your lungs to open the Bassett tee by blowing through it. I would take it apart to check the spring and ball for rust.

Cas
    here's a picture of the fitting on my current headers-
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ics/header.jpg
    did you get my email yesterday? This water issue could be directly related to how your boat ran the other day. If you had too much water going to the injectors along with the 108ยบ on your cam, you could have gotten some reversion.

Cas I Think Were Saying The Same Thing. When I Say Dump Maybe I Should Say Bypass Line (the One That Dumps Out The Back Of The Boat) As You Close That Valve (on The Bypass Line) Then The Water Is Forced More Out The Header T'd Side. That E'mail I Gave You Was My Works I'll Be Checking Tommorow. Thanks For The Link Junkyard. When I Bought My Boat It Had Plumbin Issues No Bassett Valve Ect. Paul Bassett Is A Very Helpful And Nice Guy. I Pulled Those Plugs Out Of The Bungs , Sure Seems Like It's Goin To Sound Funny Now.

Cas
    Cas I Think Were Saying The Same Thing. When I Say Dump Maybe I Should Say Bypass Line (the One That Dumps Out The Back Of The Boat) As You Close That Valve (on The Bypass Line) Then The Water Is Forced More Out The Header T'd Side.
    Yep, you're right
    gotcha on the email thing, I gave you a few suggestions on your other issue.

Thanks Cas. O.k 1 More Then I'll Drop It. I Can See How Pulling The Plug Out Of That Bung Could Help Hydro Locking But Not Reversion Burning Exaust Hoses Ect. I Doubt I Had Too Much Water (just By Judging On What Was Coming Out Of The Weep Holes.) Doesn't Some One Make Braided Stainless Instead Of Rubber? Or Something? I Think The Thermostat KIT Is Comin Off. I Had None Of These Problems Last Year And Had The Same Headers. Oh The Day I Fried The Last HOSES , I Had No Gate Valve On The Dump/bypass Line. Yesterday I Did( HAVE A GATE VALVE) And The Exaust Still Smelled Hot.(no Smoke Though) I HAD THAT VALVE 3/8 TO 1/2 SHUT BY THE TIME I LEFT THE LAKE. ANYONE?

Cas
    Thanks Cas. O.k 1 More Then I'll Drop It. I Can See How Pulling The Plug Out Of That Bung Could Help Hydro Locking But Not Reversion Burning Exaust Hoses Ect. I Doubt I Had Too Much Water (just By Judging On What Was Coming Out Of The Weep Holes.) Doesn't Some One Make Braided Stainless Instead Of Rubber? Or Something? I Think The Thermostat KIT Is Comin Off. I Had None Of These Problems Last Year And Had The Same Headers. Oh The Day I Fried The Last HOSES , I Had No Gate Valve On The Dump/bypass Line. Yesterday I Did( HAVE A GATE VALVE) And The Exaust Still Smelled Hot.(no Smoke Though) I HAD THAT VALVE 3/8 TO 1/2 SHUT BY THE TIME I LEFT THE LAKE. ANYONE?
    When the engine water gets dumped into the collector, the water keeps the rubber hoses cool so they won't burn. As far as reversion, the rise in the headers is plenty high enough so the water won't back up into the engine.
    You can get ss braid and the proper fittings to go that route which I'm sure I will eventually do. At the time I plumbed mine, I had already spent more than what I wanted.
    I can't help you with the differences between this year and last. Did you add the thermostat set-up since? That shouldn't even make a difference since they have a built in by-pass that would hook up to the collectors.
    I dunno?

Wow I Do Need Help. I'll Call You Cas. The Plumbing Diagram I Got From Rex Marine (4 Port Thermostat Housing) Showed Nothin (or At Least I Thought) Plumbed To The Collector? OR Does The By-pass Line(s) Get Plumbed There Instead Of Out The Back Of The Boat? I Thought Those Hoses In Your Pic Just Went Down To The Bottom Of The Boat, And Exaust Gas Would Be Blowin Everyehere . Yikes

Cas
    Wow I Do Need Help. I'll Call You Cas. The Plumbing Diagram I Got From Rex Marine (4 Port Thermostat Housing) Showed Nothin (or At Least I Thought) Plumbed To The Collector? OR Does The By-pass Line(s) Get Plumbed There Instead Of Out The Back Of The Boat? I Thought Those Hoses In Your Pic Just Went Down To The Bottom Of The Boat, And Exaust Gas Would Be Blowin Everyehere . Yikes
    yes, those by-pass hoses do get plumbed to the collectors on the TT type headers instead of out the back of the boat. Sorry for not explaining the hose to the collector better but yes, that where the thermostat dump is connected.

No Wonder I Kept Fryin Hoses. It's Kinda Like How My K Boat Would Dump Into The Logs Behind The Snails. Thanks Cas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12