Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHP punched two big holes in my hull - Totaled?

DUCKY
    Try punching a couple of holes in your car that size and see how much your local body shop wants to repair it...... Since sheet metal panels are replaceable, and the body panels are non-structural, auto body repairs are much less labor intensive, and it would still be more money....
    PS, If CHP did this damage to your boat, why are you paying for it?

speedymopars
    It's a tit for tat where the tow driver / crane operators are saying that was already there, and my photos shows he is a lying POS.
    Progress today though, they came buy and did an evaluation, so they may actually think there is merit. Otherwise, I need to sue as I think it is an open and shut case. I am really hoping it doesn't get there.
    I found that I can be made whole again for 6k for gelcoat + 2K trim and all the other little stuff + $2300 trailer. The tow company may pay for 2K of that. So another 8.3K on top of the 10K I've already spent.
    ...Or I can buy a new 2008 21 foot open bow hull and build it up for 15-20K that would be worth 38k the instant I get it, but somehow I think I will just be spending more money and never recover it. Not that I am going to with how it stands now....
    I don't know, what would you do?
    $18,000 for an all new 74
    $33,000 for an all new 08
    Then there is the tax / registration thing too....
    I could just have the holes repaired, but I found out that whoever did the boat before me used Automotive paint, so they would need to completely strip it otherwise they can't blend it. The paint is flaking off anytime anything gets near it. You will be able to see the repairs, and I have a few other things that happened in the accident that I need to fix anyway. Probably makes more sense to get it all done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12