Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Really bad night tonight....

Boatcop
    Exactly, That cop was a POS from day one based on your story. Where does he get off given you the treatment. Fock if I ever tell a LE that I have a CCW. I dont think you are required to are you?
    See post 27. You don't have to volunteer the card, but must present it on request.
    Your CCW permit comes up when they run you for DL and Wants/Warrants, so they'll find out about it anyway. Best to just tell them, and not give them any surprises.
    Although I wasn't there, it sounds like the DPS Officer may have gone a little too far.

MADDOG355
    Exactly, That cop was a POS from day one based on your story. Where does he get off given you the treatment. Fock if I ever tell a LE that I have a CCW. I dont think you are required to are you?
    That probly varies alot state to state. I have just had mine under the seat or in the console and actually forgot about it during a stop, So far that has just resulted in the officer asking if I had my firearm and me kinda stupidly saying Oh Yea I forgot and telling him where it is.
    The incident I posted where the officer removed it from my holster, When he approched the car I had both hands out the window with my permit in one and license in the other. That officer was very grateful for my honestly and even cut me a BIG (15mph) break on my ticket. I was just doing it becouse I was scared to death. A friend of mine had just been drawn on a week or so before that becouse they saw his pistol before he was able to say he had a permit.
    From my experince most officers (here atleast) don't have a problem with it but, There was one incident where a officer was giving me a bunch of crap about a knife I had in my pocket Saying it was a concieled weapon Yea I have a 45 but I am going to stab someone. .

Mrs. 20
    Oh my! I hope your day goes better tomorrow!

Little Wood Boat
    BOATCOP....I'm sure you're wrong on....In AZ you're required to present your CCW permit (if you have one) along with Driver's License, Registration and Insurance, if you're stopped by Police.
    You may want to check with the ATTY. GEN./ DPS and refine your post.
    Persons MUST carry permit when carry is concealed, but have NO DUTY to notify..only MUST present when LE requests to see it (again, only while carrying concealed). LWB

Boatcop
    BOATCOP....I'm sure you're wrong on....In AZ you're required to present your CCW permit (if you have one) along with Driver's License, Registration and Insurance, if you're stopped by Police.
    You may want to check with the ATTY. GEN./ DPS and refine your post.
    Persons MUST carry permit when carry is concealed, but have NO DUTY to notify..only MUST present when LE requests to see it (again, only while carrying concealed). LWB
    You seem to be right here. I had just glanced at the back of mine where it read it must be presented along with a photo ID.
    But it must be presented on request of Law enforcement.

Baja Big Dog
    I believe in the state of California, you do not give up your right to search and siezure when you get a CWP, and when pullled over the cop DOES know you have the CWP when he runs your licence. It is manditory you inform the cop IF you are carrying.
    Either way the cavity search is out of line regardless of what state you are in...

ColeTR2
    If you have a CCW permit in AZ can you use it across state lines?

YeLLowBoaT
    If you have a CCW permit in AZ can you use it across state lines?
    its up to the state... CA= NO
    I know Utahs is good in about 30 states.
    Also in CA you are requried to surrender( temp) your fire armor to the leo when they ask for it... not doing so gets you in deep shit and you will lose your CCW forever. They normally just check serail numbers then hand it back.( unless your in a no firearms zone then your not going to have a good day)

SCR INC
    You seem to be right here. I had just glanced at the back of mine where it read it must be presented along with a photo ID.
    But it must be presented on request of Law enforcement.
    BC... If you a res from AZ can you have a loaded weapon as long as its exposed in your car....

roscoe p coltraine
    BC... If you a res from AZ can you have a loaded weapon as long as its exposed in your car....
    If you shoot a gun like you drive a boat you sure as hell aint going to hit something even if at point blank range.
    If you were shootin shit you wouldnt even get a whif

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast