Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steamboat Cove

TCHB
    you forgot NICK Murphy and his x wife Val and Rich Furber!

skyskier
    you forgot NICK Murphy and his x wife Val and Rich Furber!
    At my age I'm now "allowed" to forget a lot. Nick came up after my short stay in Arrowhead, Rick Cowles was also there, his x wife Lynn at one time was the world record holder, women's barefoot 1/4 mile drag, I think it was over 100mph? I still see Mike pretty often, he's over in Canyon Lake, last I heard Nick was in Colorado. Mike & Nick's mom, Mary, died a couple weeks back, have'nt caught up to Mike as of yet. They're having a memorial for her at Marine Stadium sometime this month.

skyskier
    skyskier, you may be too young, but may remember Chuck Stearns, one of the finest ski racers, tournement, etc skiers of all time? I was fortunate to pull him in his last three Catalina Ski Races. The first one, he didn't work out for (even smoked), we only finished 2nd overall but first in class. The next two races we won the overall and set one record. Powerboat Magazine called us the old men of the sea...
    "One of the finest"?........... I don't know ANYBODY ever better as an all around waterskier, he can do it all, trick, jump, slalom, speed. Butch Peterson was also in Chuck's class , they were competitors in jr's back in the 50's. I spent some time with Chuck out at his school at the Salton Sea. What kind of boat were you guy's running? As I remember, Bill, pulled him behind an 18 ft flatbottom, maybe a Mandella? I got drafted in 1967, and pretty much lost contact with the ski race world.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I talked to my Pop this morning...say's the lake is packed with California boats. They really like us Californians up there too!.........................NOT!!
    But just like Arizona, they LOVE the $$$ we spend.
    Spent 10 days on CDA over the 4th. My Son and his mom were both born there. I lived there from 80 through 85. My very favorite place in the world in the Summer. The funny thing about the folks up there that don't like us CA folks, are most of them are ex CA folks themselves.
    My Son's mom grew up on Park Dr in the Fort Gounds and has 2 brothers in their 60's. Does Ken or Dick Davis ring any bells?
    Sorry for getting off topic.

DeathFlightMedic
    Mixed reports comming in about the incadent in steemboat cove. A body was found tis am by party's on a houseboat. Apperrntly the deacsed was seen diving off a boat late yesterday. If I here any more I will relay it.
    Sad, lets hope it's the only one this weekend

skyskier
    Spent 10 days on CDA over the 4th. My Son and his mom were both born there. I lived there from 80 through 85. My very favorite place in the world in the Summer. The funny thing about the folks up there that don't like us CA folks, are most of them are ex CA folks themselves.
    My Son's mom grew up on Park Dr in the Fort Gounds and has 2 brothers in their 60's. Does Ken or Dick Davis ring any bells?
    Sorry for getting off topic.
    Before somebody gets all pissy/whiney about getting off topic.......see new thread on "Old Waterski Racers"

Jerrys59
    Mixed reports comming in about the incadent in steemboat cove. A body was found tis am by party's on a houseboat. Apperrntly the deacsed was seen diving off a boat late yesterday. If I here any more I will relay it.
    Sad, lets hope it's the only one this weekend Thanks for the update

Jordy
    Thanks for the update
    I tried to read it and it was painful. :notam:
    Could someone translate that post for me??? My Hanslater 3007 is on the fritz... :idea:

Her454
    Sad, lets hope it's the only one this weekend
    Ummm...been celebrating a little too much or just tired?

Big Warlock
    I tried to read it and it was painful. :notam:
    Could someone translate that post for me??? My Hanslater 3007 is on the fritz... :idea:
    Don't be a hater!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast